Restructuring the DCI BOD

if youth were driving it, it would have been out of business long ago. Many youth in the activity can barely keep a commitment financially. Winter programs find alot of youth instructors. They tend to over write, complicate, more trick driven and pretty much clueless. Many think because they have maybe marched lets say PR..BD..cavies..cadets crown or whoever that makes them an instructor.ahhhh no, not close. On the other hand its good to have some youth that show promise on staff but guided by experience. The could have some good ideas to nuture.

I just mean on the creative side... not management.

Look at the major innovations in the 70's and early 80's... and how young these guys were driving these changes. Also, most of them had mustaches... so... it could be the mustaches. I suggest all staff members grow mustaches (and mullets) again... see what happens.

Random sampling...

228702_5747731910_507456910_281091_5328_n.jpg

l.jpg

305462_2257486591290_1072126188_32489836_429610660_n.jpg

305767_2257406829296_1072126188_32489702_1658026362_n.jpg

7524_1123458453795_1447124242_30292675_5046111_n.jpg

n1448689235_30448530_2912708.jpg

n1142860767_30213162_4478893.jpg

300702_2257403229206_1072126188_32489684_101796150_n.jpg

30229_1410278147855_1559536246_984776_2643924_n.jpg

fredsanford-23.jpg

peteemmmmons-24.jpg

... ok.... maybe it's just all about mullets and mustaches?

See, this is where the youthful arrogance comes into the picture. Danielray has already discarded words like honor, integrity, morals, ethics (see his earlier postings to confirm that fact). So, it is no surprise that he also discards the *wisdom* gained through age and experience. I will be dead and gone, but it would give me great pleasure to see into the future and observe him getting this thrown back at him by a youngster when he is 50 or 60.

It's just kid's marching band, not the cub scouts... you play your notes and move around, and entertain people... that's about it.

I just mean on the creative side... not management.

Great, Wonderful Fabulous! Since you are young and creative, and I am old and wise, I will agree to stay out of the creative side if you agree to stay out of the business/management side. Agreed?

It's just kid's marching band, not the cub scouts... you play your notes and move around, and entertain people... that's about it.

If that is the case, then: a) why get your draws in a wad over creative aspects between young/old, b) why spend millions and millions of dollars per corps to push this to a major league level; and c) why treat it as a multi-million dollar corporate business in the first place. I men it is. "just kid's marching band, not the cub scouts... you play your notes and move around, and entertain people... that's about it." Correct?

Look at the major innovations in the 70's and early 80's...

Why? You have already informed us you have "no love of the past". So, it is rather hypocritical now for you to use the past in supporting your position.

Edited by Stu

Why? You have already informed us you have "no love of the past". So, it is rather hypocritical now for you to use the past in supporting your position.

Meaning I love the future more than the past. The huge leaps of the 70's and 80's were because the guys creating then were more in love with the future than the past.

The past is cool, but less meaningful than the present, and not quite as interesting as the future.

• Like 1

The past is cool, but less meaningful than the present, ...

So, you have *more* meaning and *more* value than your ancestors who came before you? That is a rather arrogant self-righteous statement. Personally I find all eras, past, present, and future having the same meaning and value with just a touch more gained knowledge mixed in as we go into the future.

Edited by Stu

The huge leaps of the 70's and 80's were because the guys creating then were more in love with the future than the past.

But, a person does not have to be young to care about the future. Just curious, what is the cut-off age where a person will no longer care for the future? Does Hop no longer care about the future? Does DeGrauwe no longer care about the future?

Edited by Stu

Charts? :)

Oh, now you're just teasing me. You know I love charts.

So much data. So many ways to consider it.

The kids are in bed, the gifts are under the tree, there's milk and cookies for Santa, and my belly's full of Christmas Eve dinner.

I'll start on some pretty charts tomorrow afternoon.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Happy Whatever You Celebrate. I hope you have love and family around.

Ho Ho Ho

But, a person does not have to be young to care about the future. Just curious, what is the cut-off age where a person will no longer care for the future? Does Hop no longer care about the future? Does DeGrauwe no longer care about the future?

Again, after consideration... I've come to believe that it is the mullet/mustache combo that somehow rewires the brain, ushering in an era of unprecedented productivity and creativity.

I think it is the absence of the mullet/mustache combo that has slowed the rate of innovation in the activity, as clearly illustrated in the in the chart* below.

slide1t.png

*Note: Mullet only figures take into account West Coast Inflation.

• Like 1