1982 Genneseo Knights

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b**bs

Thanks, guys. 82 was one of the shows that made me want to march corps. I was lucky to fall in with those folks for 83, and viraphonus rex up there was the first person to officially welcome me to the mallet line (with a Pepsi, no less!). Thanks, Bob. Some things you never forget.

Edited by tommytimp

Wow--thanks for the nice comments. I marched in the Geneseo Knights from 1979 to 1983. I marched vibraphone in '82. I had such a great time performing that show, in particular. I especially liked being the set point for the opening rotation, but that was little intimidating at first! I miss those days a lot--I marched with some truly great people. I go to Geneseo once in awhile and look at the empty practice field and think about the good old days.

On the topic of corps that are gone, I looked at my DCM prelims recap sheet from 1981. On the first page there were 20-some corps, 2 of which are still around. Sad. But, let's be glad that others have survived!! I'll just keep wearing my Knights jacket, making people wonder if I'm from the Knights of Columbus, or some other place.

Bob Blomberg

Knights, '79-'83

Hey....I wonder what Rita Kimberly is up to these days eh? If you're in touch with her give her my best.

Phil Norris

78 Kingsmen

From the Far East, I would like to tell ya all I Love the Knights '82 !!!!!

I really often listen to the mini disc copied from the analog LP, which also includes the Suncoast playing "Rainmaker" or

"Greatest Love of All".

BTW, I think the horn books were penned by Larry Kershner, weren't they?

His (published) )marchingband sheets included " In Like a Lion" and so on. (It's beenl ong time, though...)

Many of my friends also like '85 (Jesus show)

Ken "geritubo" Nojiri

The Jokers, Kyoto, Japan

Just downloaded this show from the Genneseo Knights alumni webpage http://www.knightscorps.org . What a great show. It was a sad day when DCI lost this corps. Just another of the non elite corps that fell to the wayside. It seems to me that there are so many great corps from the eighties that were just almost there that many kids in the activity today have never heard of. Just to name a few...

Genneseo Knights

Marauders

Argonauts

Florida Wave

Guardsmen

The eighties were such a great decade to be a competitor in.

Yeah I agree. 81, 82 and 83 this corps' hornline was on fire. Great shows and a great, classy corps!

Just downloaded this show from the Genneseo Knights alumni webpage http://www.knightscorps.org . What a great show. It was a sad day when DCI lost this corps. Just another of the non elite corps that fell to the wayside. It seems to me that there are so many great corps from the eighties that were just almost there that many kids in the activity today have never heard of. Just to name a few...

Genneseo Knights

Marauders

Argonauts

Florida Wave

Guardsmen

Yeah I agree. 81, 82 and 83 this corps' hornline was on fire. Great shows and a great, classy corps!

Genneseo Knights

Marauders

Argonauts

Florida Wave

Guardsmen

Genneseo Knights

Marauders

Argonauts

Florida Wave

Guardsmen