Revolution and Forte not on DCI schedule

3rd&10

It is my understanding that both are going through a "random" DCI review. Forte had a camp 2 weeks ago and Revolution had one Thanksgiving weekend.

I believe that they have both requested a number of shows and will be added to the roster after Dave Edelman visits with them.

• Like 1

Looking through the 2012 DCI tour schedule both Revolution and Forte are not listed in any shows.

Are both not coming out this year?

For those who obviously missed my reply on the previous thread (or chose to ignore it)...

"Forte is undergoing a review of the Open Class Advisory Committee and we are contracted for 11 shows in 2012 pending passing of that review. This is Standard Operating Procedure on the part of DCI and the Open Class Advisory Committee from what I have been told. Dan Acheson informs me that he foresees no problems with our review and that Forte may publicize our schedule in the mean time and that we will be added to the calendar upon completion of the review.

"In the mean time, we are expecting a great turnout Saturday at JJ Pearce High School in Richardson, TX. The D/FW drum corps community is invited to join us in the afternoon if you would like to just come out and hear / see a drum corps in action. I know that "the bug" is growing pretty big this time of year and we all have to "scratch" that drum corps itch after 3 months away.

"Forte is looking forward to a GREAT 2012 season and we are especially thankful at this time of year for those who have assisted our organization in overcoming the aforementioned problems of our past. As we stand at this, the "Crossroads" of our organization's young history, we are also thankful for all of you who assist us in our path forward.

"Happy Thanksgiving, and look forward to our 2012 production! ;-)"

Nice to see you back on the Planet, Tom.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Guess I was half right...

Shame on DCI for approving a corps with obvious financial issues.

Shame on the corps management for letting it get to this point. If you did not have enough funding to complete more than 4 shows, you knew it MONTHS ago.

Members bear the brunt of the these "good intentioned" incompetent actions.

Full refunds for members?

For those who obviously missed my reply on the previous thread (or chose to ignore it)...

"Forte is undergoing a review of the Open Class Advisory Committee and we are contracted for 11 shows in 2012 pending passing of that review. This is Standard Operating Procedure on the part of DCI and the Open Class Advisory Committee from what I have been told. Dan Acheson informs me that he foresees no problems with our review and that Forte may publicize our schedule in the mean time and that we will be added to the calendar upon completion of the review.

"In the mean time, we are expecting a great turnout Saturday at JJ Pearce High School in Richardson, TX. The D/FW drum corps community is invited to join us in the afternoon if you would like to just come out and hear / see a drum corps in action. I know that "the bug" is growing pretty big this time of year and we all have to "scratch" that drum corps itch after 3 months away.

"Forte is looking forward to a GREAT 2012 season and we are especially thankful at this time of year for those who have assisted our organization in overcoming the aforementioned problems of our past. As we stand at this, the "Crossroads" of our organization's young history, we are also thankful for all of you who assist us in our path forward.

"Happy Thanksgiving, and look forward to our 2012 production! ;-)"

Nice to see you back on the Planet, Tom.

• Like 2

Guess I was half right...

Shame on DCI for approving a corps with obvious financial issues.

Shame on the corps management for letting it get to this point. If you did not have enough funding to complete more than 4 shows, you knew it MONTHS ago.

Members bear the brunt of the these "good intentioned" incompetent actions.

Full refunds for members?

As a mom brand new to Drum Corps this year and mom to a 16 year old now stranded in Texas (return plane ticket for Aug. 15 no good now), I am shocked and disappointed in Forte and DCI. As a single mom of 6, I sacrificed to send my daughter because it was her dream to march DCI. A refund would help me but still would not heal her broken heart...