Where is the best seat location in the Atlanta dome?

For the first time, I plan to attend the show in Atlanta. Having never been there, I would appreciate hearing from those of you that have attended shows in the dome as to what would be the best seat location.

My #1 priority is SOUND. I found from my trips to Lucas Oil that the sound is better in the lower levels than the upper...IMHO...is that true in Atlanta?

Any help before I order tickets would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Sitting at home with your tv and fan network is the best for that arena. Worst dome of all of them that DCI goes to. If you can get under an overhang is the best. The lower leve I know has a big overhang but don't get too far back becasue then you get all of the noise from the concession area.

• Like 1

I've attended four Atlanta shows and sat in three locations. In order, from worst to best:

Worst - Lower deck, side 2. Terrible reverb and horrible mud in the sound. completely overbearing percussion sound. Lots of noise from the concession area

Not too bad - Upper deck, side 1 approx 40 yard line, about 15 rows from the top of the arena. The sound balance was much better. The reverb much reduced, and once you got to the corps in the top 15 wasn't too noticeable.

The best, but still not perfect - Mezannine level between the 35 and 45 on side 1. There is very little reverb from any corps. There is still mud in the overall sound, but there is a reasonable balance within and between sections. You have to pay a lot for these seats, but they are well worth it.

• Like 1

I've attended four Atlanta shows and sat in three locations. In order, from worst to best:

Worst - Lower deck, side 2. Terrible reverb and horrible mud in the sound. completely overbearing percussion sound. Lots of noise from the concession area

Not too bad - Upper deck, side 1 approx 40 yard line, about 15 rows from the top of the arena. The sound balance was much better. The reverb much reduced, and once you got to the corps in the top 15 wasn't too noticeable.

The best, but still not perfect - Mezannine level between the 35 and 45 on side 1. There is very little reverb from any corps. There is still mud in the overall sound, but there is a reasonable balance within and between sections. You have to pay a lot for these seats, but they are well worth it.

I second this. The Mezzanine/Club level is absolutely the best. If you have the money to spend, it's very much worth it.

• Like 1

Well the ticketmaster system doesn't let you select the section. It just gives you what they think are the best seats which are currently at the top of the bottom section. Frustrating. Both the online and phone systems do this.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Wadep66

Well the ticketmaster system doesn't let you select the section. It just gives you what they think are the best seats which are currently at the top of the bottom section. Frustrating. Both the online and phone systems do this.

Any suggestions?

Yes. Call and tell the automated system "I want to speak to a representative." They'll transfer you to one, and then you can tell them exactly what section you want, and if any seats are available, you'll get them! That's how I got mine earlier today.

Edited by cmathis

About 30 rows up between the 45s at J. Birney Crum one week later.

• Like 1

I got thru at 10 and told the automated system AGENT right away.. got my seats again in the Club Level in 221, Row 1 :worthy:

I can never get great seats like this in INDY.

• Like 2

I will say this....

If you sit in the lower level (I've walked up twice in the last three years on show day and bought seats in the lower level at about the 35) bring a jacket and a hat.

The Georgians are proud of that AC system.

• Like 1

It's really quite simple....Sections 221 and 222. :worthy:

• Like 2