Farewell

"Do not go Gentle into that Good Night, Old Age should burn and rave at close of Day, Rage! Rage! against the dieing of the Light!"

I have been guilty of overstepping the boundaries of Taste & Tact, for which I apologize. But I have never transgressed my own sense of Honesty. If that has offended you, So Be It. But "this above all" I have always been True to myself.

I believe that Drum Corps, which existed long before me & will continue long after, is possibly the single most significant experience a person can have; although Marriage & Parenthood are tied for Silver.

May God bless you all, Brothers, Sisters, Rivals, and above all, Friends.

"March on to Victory", because "Dreams that you dare to Dream really do come true."

Edited by AmFlag61
  • Like 2

"Do not go Gentle into that Good Night, Old Age should burn and rave at close of Day, Rage! Rage! against the dieing of the Light!"

I have been guilty of overstepping the boundaries of Taste & Tact, for which I apologize. But I have never transgressed my own sense of Honesty. If that has offended you, So Be It. But "this above all" I have always been True to myself.

I believe that Drum Corps, which existed long before me & will continue long after, is possibly the single most significant experience a person can have; although Marriage & Parenthood are tied for Silver.

"March on to Victory", because "Dreams that you dare to Dream really do come true."

You're good enough...you're smart enough...and dog gone it....people like you!

• Like 1

Thanks, that's much appreciated.

I'm totally amazed! The only Support comes from a BD fan/FMM? After years of my assaults against the Devils direction? Guess I'm not too old to be surprised. The lack of Cavalier support doesn't shock me at all. What could I expect from a Corps that still has the Cavalier Heart, at the cost of it's Soul? They lost that when they joined the Neo-Combine G8. Still an astounding On The Field performer, the Green Machine missed an historic moment when they decided, in their own best Interest, to abandon the Whole Drum Corps Community in favor of the "Elite". It will come back to bite them in the Nether regions. I say this as a FMM who marched with their current Director. Think you DCP people dislike me? The Cavalier "Organization" has labeled me as a socially unacceptable, drunken Maniac.

Btw, I got a Christmas card from the Cadets! And I have been vocally antaganostic against Hoppy!

Garfield? Class all the way!

And for those of you who care to know; while I will always be be a Chicago Cavalier Alumnus due to my being a MM '59-'63, I no longer am actively affiliated with The Cavaliers, The Classic Cavaliers, the Cavalier Alumni Association, or any other entity of The Cavalier Community. My positions are now, and have always been MINE. In no way have I said something here as a Cavalier "Voice". Whatever I view as their failings, they're, in many ways yet not all, far better than I.

Edited by AmFlag61
  • Like 2

I'm totally amazed! The only Support comes from a BD fan/FMM? After years of my assaults against the Devils direction? Guess I'm not too old to be surprised. The lack of Cavalier support doesn't shock me at all. What could I expect from a Corps that still has the Cavalier Heart, at the cost of it's Soul? They lost that when they joined the Neo-Combine G8. Still an astounding On The Field performer, the Green Machine missed an historic moment when they decided, in their own best Interest, to abandon the Whole Drum Corps Community in favor of the "Elite". It will come back to bite them in the Nether regions. I say this as a FMM who marched with their current Director. Think you DCP people dislike me? The Cavalier "Organization" has labeled me as a socially unacceptable, drunken Maniac.

Btw, I got a Christmas card from the Cadets! And I have been vocally antaganostic against Hoppy!

Garfield? Class all the way!

And for those of you who care to know; while I will always be be a Chicago Cavalier Alumnus due to my being a MM '59-'63, I no longer am actively affiliated with The Cavaliers, The Classic Cavaliers, the Cavalier Alumni Association, or any other entity of The Cavalier Community. My positions are now, and have always been MINE. In no way have I said something here as a Cavalier "Voice". Whatever I view as their failings, they're, in many ways yet not all, far better than I.

Don't worry. I didn't associate any of your comments with the class I ascribe to the Cavaliers. Have no fear: their amazing reputation did not rub off on you.

• Like 5

Am I the only one who doesn't know what is going on in this thread?

You're not alone.

I think I need a drink.

Bye

• Like 3

Am I the only one who doesn't know what is going on in this thread?

First I thought the OP was on his death bed or something, but now I am not so sure...

The thread is about liking waffles. How could you miss that?

• Like 3