Colts 2012

I was at the last one. Increased numbers. And while they (like many corps at this level) are still looking for a few people, I can't say anyone's worried about the talent.

They played some new music at the end of the camp... look out.

• Like 1

I was at the last one. Increased numbers. And while they (like many corps at this level) are still looking for a few people, I can't say anyone's worried about the talent.

They played some new music at the end of the camp... look out.

Just found a camp video on their website in an article about January auditions:

http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=595

I have confirmed with someone in the know that Summertime is NOT part of the 2012 program. Too bad there's not a way to transport Harpo (soprano soloist) back in time so today's fans could hear that '82 ('83?) version. I know there have been great soloists through the years but this guy was amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

With the very pointed changes in staff this year, the Colts will be a force to be reckoned with. According to a friend in the know, it's true the numbers are down. But they are confident that the design, instruction and music, all of which are being kept under wraps at this point, are going to make DCI rethink the Colts. I've been around the organization long enough to be able to tell when a change is coming on. I may be wrong, but I have a gut feeling about 2012.

• Like 1

With the very pointed changes in staff this year, the Colts will be a force to be reckoned with. According to a friend in the know, it's true the numbers are down. But they are confident that the design, instruction and music, all of which are being kept under wraps at this point, are going to make DCI rethink the Colts. I've been around the organization long enough to be able to tell when a change is coming on. I may be wrong, but I have a gut feeling about 2012.

lets hope for the best Hype is a bad thing..especially when you set up expectations that arent met......and most cant live up to hype.....good luck Colts

I won't pretend to act like I know anything about the Colts in the preseason, but 16th place is a hard hole to dig yourself out of. Could account for low turnouts.

Not meaning to sound like an old blowhard, but geez, have we become so jaded/elitist that we talk about a corps having a rough winter because only 50 horns showed up to a mid-winter camp, or about having to dig yourself out of a hole because you placed 16th in world class? I've seen some pretty d*mn good corps in the mid-teen placements over the years. Has top twelve (or yikes, the G8?) become the be-all-end-all, only goal worth achieving?

Peace,

Fred O.

• Like 7

Not meaning to sound like an old blowhard, but geez, have we become so jaded/elitist that we talk about a corps having a rough winter because only 50 horns showed up to a mid-winter camp, or about having to dig yourself out of a hole because you placed 16th in world class? I've seen some pretty d*mn good corps in the mid-teen placements over the years. Has top twelve (or yikes, the G8?) become the be-all-end-all, only goal worth achieving?

Good to see some people on here still understand this activity isn't about ring chasing.

• Like 6

Good to see some people on here still understand this activity isn't about ring chasing.

I agree that it is not *all* about ring chasing (fiscal stability and accountability comes to mind); but if winning is not important, then why keep score?

• Like 1

I agree that it is not *all* about ring chasing (fiscal stability and accountability comes to mind); but if winning is not important, then why keep score?

I didn't mean to say that winning isn't a big deal. It is. It's just not nearly the most important thing. This activity was started, simply enough put, to help out kids and get them off the streets out on the east coast. This activity is about family, about brotherhood. Not a ring, or a medal.

• Like 1