NEW DCI Board of Directors

2 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

A direct response. Not a misdirect. If you read the reporting you will see how DCI has been portrayed. Contrast that with YEA/Cadets. 

You've answered zero of my questions to you.  My comment stands.  

Edited by devsabre

1 minute ago, Daave said:

From the DCI website listed as the DCI board, I only recognize three as directors?  It would appear there are more independents?  Are the interested directors really calling shots?

Kathy Black, Chair
Chris Komnick, Vice-Chair

James Doyle
Charles Frost
David Glasgow
Fran Kick
John Masterson
Jim Tabuchi

Black, Doyle, Kick are independents. Masterson *may* be seen as independent but has a long history with the Troopers (and is one of the attorneys you mention). The others are all affiliated directors I believe. (and if wrong I know others will be able to correct this).

2 minutes ago, devsabre said:

You've answered zero of my questions to you.  My comment stands.  

Believe what you will. My comments in response stand as well. As does all of my commenting on this topic since April.

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

You may be right. My point is, and has been, DCI has been mishandling the communications on this by not communicating. This may be because of structure. But I am not 100% certain that is the case. Now if the directors are telling DCI not to communicate that would be different and in line with what you suggest. My opinion based on conversations with those close to the situation is that this is at Dan As feet. After all... it was an internal DCI PR person yelling at a reporter.

DCI BoD: "Dan, what did the attorney say to do?"

Dan A:  "He said very specifically..."

DCI BoD:  "That makes sense to us.  Do that."

I'm not sure why you connote such mystery to the actual events in this "situation".  It IS at Dan's feet as ED (never suggested otherwise), and he's charged by his BoD.  Is it reasonable to think that, if Dan A's personal opinion is like yours, that it would make sense for him to buck the suggestion of DCI's outside counsel?  What do you think DCI's BoD would say to Dan if he did so without their consultation?

1 minute ago, garfield said:

DCI BoD: "Dan, what did the attorney say to do?"

Dan A:  "He said very specifically..."

DCI BoD:  "That makes sense to us.  Do that."

I'm not sure why you connote such mystery to the actual events in this "situation".  It IS at Dan's feet as ED (never suggested otherwise), and he's charged by his BoD.  Is it reasonable to think that, if Dan A's personal opinion is like yours, that it would make sense for him to buck the suggestion of DCI's outside counsel?  What do you think DCI's BoD would say to Dan if he did so without their consultation?

I may be mistaken but I find it hard to believe that they are following a legal strategy. I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying in similar crisis management situations (not drum corps), unless DCI has some legal culpability, the strategy is to get out ahead of the story so as not to be seen as reactive (ala Pio) or being interpreted as "the organization has something to hide." 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, devsabre said:

I question your motives. 

My motives are clear and have been since I started commenting on this topic in April. Clean up the activity so it is safe for the members and may go on to a healthy future. Stop the hiding, stop the protection, stop the covering for others who have acted/behaved inappropriately. There are more skeletons to come out. Instead of waiting for the reporters to find them... bring them out. Be accountable. Take action. Move on. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. 

Edited by MusicManNJ
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Ask the reporters how DCI has handled/responded the various situations they have been dealing with in the media. Compare how they describe DCI's approach to that of YEA. I am certain that "truth" and "transparency" will not be terms they use for DCI. The next logical question becomes: Why is DCI responding in this way?

One word:  Lawyers.

Some of your posts suggest you have contact with people who understand what's going on inside DCI, so it surprises me that you seem to not have a clear impression of what DCI actually does or how they operate.

If the press calls Dan A and he says (as he has) that he is and does what his BoD tells him, I admit that his answer is not very fulfilling to those who want fireworks and pink slips.  But his responses have been lawful and accurate by telling the inquiring minds that they should be talking with the corps and not DCI for some things, and to DCI and not the corps for others.

Again, don't conflate the roles of the corps and those of DCI.  They aren't the same, they don't do the same things, and they are responsible for different things.

1 minute ago, MusicManNJ said:

My motives are clear and have been since I started commenting on this topic in April. Clean up the activity so it is safe for the members and may go on to a healthy future. Stop the hiding, stop the protection, stop the covering for others who have acted/behaved inappropriately. There are more skeletons to come out. Instead of waiting for the reporters to find them... bring them out. Be accountable. Take action. Move on. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. 

I fully agree with the sentiment.  But I'm not big on "opinion driven" results.  I prefer the facts, thus my questions.  I'm also big on "talk is cheap"  and prefer "doing."  I would prefer to not throw stones as I live in a Glass House.  I won't point out what is wrong without a potentially useful fix action.   My comments are not meant to disparage you...but to be honest up to now I could not clearly define you're intent.  

On with the Rowing..."...row well and live..."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Throw them all under the bus as guilty before even having their day in the court of public opinion?  That may FEEL like a good thing to do...

How's about DCI just simply comes out and says "Drum corps is full of sex addicts and, when we find them, we will eliminate them immediately".

Would that suffice, or are you looking for specific blood to be let?

Under your premise, when all the rats are caught in the trap, how would one know that DCI got ALL of them?

IMO, your solution is not workable.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2