NEW DCI Board of Directors

21 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I may be mistaken but I find it hard to believe that they are following a legal strategy. I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying in similar crisis management situations (not drum corps), unless DCI has some legal culpability, the strategy is to get out ahead of the story so as not to be seen as reactive (ala Pio) or being interpreted as "the organization has something to hide." 

I'm sorry, you seem like a rational person, but do you REALLY think DCI would be dealing with THIS issue at THIS time without the minute-by-minute advice of outside counsel?

Again, I'm not sure your understand how DCI operates or how Dan does in his role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

You make the assumption that the independent board members and director board members are on the same page.

Why is it just us that sees what page they're on? They better play nice soon or the last chapter will be written. The entire org suffers from a lack of attention to details. Handicapped entrance blocked after all these years says what?

Finals night schedule on dci did not list The US Marine Drum & Bugle Corps, was that for the NFL Colts so they are not reminded of the fact real men walked this field recently? Dci you can thank the Marines for their service whenever you bring their dci sponsorship check to the bank. dci does not care for anyone but themselves and it's killing them.

Soon November Camps begin some involving overnight stays with the kids. Where are the positive PR pieces saying safety issues have been addressed, here is the firm that is handling this for all the corps. Where is the PR on how the org is funding the medical staffs for all the corps going into effect for the November camps?

Dci is very dear to my heart but not as close as the health & safety for the kids. Where are the powers to be heads at? Wake up put out some effort. Blaming each other is going to be the reason why everyone fails.

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Why is it just us that sees what page they're on? They better play nice soon or the last chapter will be written. The entire org suffers from a lack of attention to details. Handicapped entrance blocked after all these years says what?

Finals night schedule on dci did not list The US Marine Drum & Bugle Corps, was that for the NFL Colts so they are not reminded of the fact real men walked this field recently? Dci you can thank the Marines for their service whenever you bring their dci sponsorship check to the bank. dci does not care for anyone but themselves and it's killing them.

Soon November Camps begin some involving overnight stays with the kids. Where are the positive PR pieces saying safety issues have been addressed, here is the firm that is handling this for all the corps. Where is the PR on how the org is funding the medical staffs for all the corps going into effect for the November camps?

Dci is very dear to my heart but not as close as the health & safety for the kids. Where are the powers to be heads at? Wake up put out some effort. Blaming each other is going to be the reason why everyone fails.

Umm, last I heard, the Marines charge a TON of money to do exhibitions like the one they do at LOS.

I want some actual proof that the Marines D&B corps are a DCI sponsor that "writes a check".

I'd more believe the Marines accept payment as the chance to perform and to put up a recruiting booth just outside the food court on the mezzanine. 

Edited by garfield
GRAMMAR!

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Why would you write something so patently untrue?

What has DCI done to form such a strong opinion in you?  Didn't open a wheelchair ramp?  Continue to blast Dan Potter's voice outside the stadium?

DCI organizes a 104-show competitive season that focuses on the caravans moving safely, performances running smoothly, kids being fed, volunteers being acknowledged, Friends and sponsors to cater to, a couple-hundred-thousand fan experiences, video, audio, concessions, bathrooms, Open Class, Soundsport (well...)

How can one say, in the face of all that, that "DCI does not care for anyone..."??

I'm really curious and, regardless, hope this nonsense stops soon.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Frustrating for me to see Dan beat up every day, he must be thicker skinned than most. If I were him I would pack it in and look back on a wonderful career.  Bring in some new blood and not change the structure all we have is a name change.

The real pressure needs to be on those that can affect change in the current structure until the structure is changed. The current structure does not need to be an issue. It's the corps directors not working together. Having separate agendas not having their priorities in line with each other. Not having any oversight that pulls them in focus. Adults that are risking their own lively hood because they collectively can't get their #### together. That simple, If a consulting firm does come in that is what they will discover, where does DCP send the consulting invoice for all this common sense we expell?

The focus of the directors needs to be on standardized procedures. Define a process for background checks how far do they go into social media. Strike a deal with a single firm that leverages their economies of scale by banding together. Carve out some common funding that is to be used for a medical staff for all the corps, care for each other for the good of their corps/all the corps/dci/mms and the fans. Directors being just ships in the night contributed to where we are today.

Sadly Dan is the scapegoat for misplaced blame, especially by people with affiliations hiding behind screen names

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

You may be right. My point is, and has been, DCI has been mishandling the communications on this by not communicating. This may be because of structure. But I am not 100% certain that is the case. Now if the directors are telling DCI not to communicate that would be different and in line with what you suggest. My opinion based on conversations with those close to the situation is that this is at Dan As feet. After all... it was an internal DCI PR person yelling at a reporter.

Remember Dan is NOT DCI. DCI is the collective corps.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

I want some actual proof that the Marines D&B corps are a DCI sponsor that "writes a check".

The proof is the banners at all the shows alongside FJM and Innovative Percussion and the like, they pay dci for that space, as a sponsorship besides thanking them as the end of the show, its real

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Agree that he is not operating in a vacuum. You make the assumption that the independent board members and director board members are on the same page. So, for discussions sake, the independents remain out numbered (I believe it is 5-3 with 1 open corps director seat). Independents could want a more transparent approach than what we ahem seen to date (not saying they have... but for this discussion). However, if a couple corps director board members do not see it the same way the corps director group out numbers the independents. The independents lose every vote. The MO of most directors on this issue seems to be to circle the wagons. So, to your point, Dan may be following their lead (circle the wagons). Over time, this will prove to be the wrong approach... in my opinion.

Dan IS following their lead. That is his job description. That is in the bylaws. The corps in 1971 set up DCI to avoid the all powerful overlord they had to deal with pre DCI with the Legion and VFW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Ask the reporters how DCI has handled/responded the various situations they have been dealing with in the media. Compare how they describe DCI's approach to that of YEA. I am certain that "truth" and "transparency" will not be terms they use for DCI. The next logical question becomes: Why is DCI responding in this way?

l

a

w

y

e

r

s