Accent Marching Academy

Ohhh.... I see. You HAD this information but you chose to keep it secret to protect the names of the innocent.

I never kept the information that I have been in contact with "staff" from both Eclipse and Accent as a secret; and have openly posted many times in this thread that I have been in contact with them. What I have kept secret, however, is their names out of respect. (still waiting for you to show me a posting in this thread where I presented non-factual information).

Edited by Stu

I never kept the information that I have been in contact with "staff" from both Eclipse and Accent as a secret; and have openly posted many times in this thread that I have been in contact with them. What I have kept secret, however, is their names out of respect. (still waiting for you to show me a posting in this thread where I presented non-factual information).

Just reviewed the thread (twice) to make sure I didn't overlook one of your posts.

There are no such posts pre-dating the post by Dapperpoet (never mind many such posts).

doh...stupid facts.

Edited by corpsband

Yes, my son has been hurt by this mess. I'm not sure who you are or what your deal is, but if you really want to face facts, here they are:

1. My son, and others were promised 6 weekends at $400. a weekend. Airfare would be provided.

6. Now he is struggling to figure out how to make dues and pay for plane flights.

Did he purchase air tickets himself to those weekend camps? If so, are they non-refundable or perhaps transferrable to future flights?

I was looking at the Accent Facebook page and saw a comment some guy made asking why don't they actually have the events they schedule. The comment was removed promptly - I can only assume by the Accent people.

• Like 3

I was looking at the Accent Facebook page and saw a comment some guy made asking why don't they actually have the events they schedule. The comment was removed promptly - I can only assume by the Accent people.

Well, that's encouraging in that it means they're still alive.

• Like 1

Just reviewed the thread (twice) to make sure I didn't overlook one of your posts.

There are no such posts pre-dating the post by Dapperpoet (never mind many such posts).

doh...stupid facts.

Pre-dating; is that like two kids hold hands at a birthday party? And is this pre-dating the best you can come up with to somehow show I have not posted factual information? Really? Here as a word for ya; strettttttttttccccccchhhhhhh.... Unless you can show me that I have posted non-factual information can we please get out of this infantile banter and back to figuring out how to keep more people from getting hosed.

• Like 1

As long as they have financial backing they will continue to roll this thing forward by changing up the website, eliminating information about the past, and either a) bank the public not being aware of the previous shafting of kids and staff because the main public does not read DCP, or b) bank on the public having a very short-term memory span and will therefore quickly forget about the Eclipse situation as well as this initial Accent farce.

doh...stupid facts.

Pre-dating; is that like two kids hold hands at a birthday party? And is this pre-dating the best you can come up with to somehow show I have not posted factual information? Really? Here as a word for ya; strettttttttttccccccchhhhhhh.... Unless you can show me that I have posted non-factual information can we please get out of this infantile banter and back to figuring out how to keep more people from getting hosed.

pillow-fight.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo

LOL .

Stretch??

You say you repeatedly posted the same facts as Dapperpoet in this thread.

You did no such thing. (had you done so I would have responded to you just as I did to dapper)

That seems pretty non-factual to me.

Prior Dapper's post your best "fact" was copying a sentence off their website which described their educational philosophy and (in a flash of unmitigated brilliance) somehow transposed that sentence into some phantom document describing their event cancellation policy (implying that they promised never to cancel an event). You posted no facts. The only other fact in the thread was posted by Dan Balash pointing out this company was run by Nagy.

These guys are screwing up -- and they're clearly not coping with screwing up very well.

If -- instead of withholding information from the thread -- you had simply posted what you knew, perhaps DCP might have seen that you have some justification for your rants. Instead you implied and inferred and ranted.

My thanks again to Dapperpoet for making it public that these guys don't seem to be dealing honestly with the staff they contracted to appear at their events. Well done sir.

Edited by corpsband

Did he purchase air tickets himself to those weekend camps? If so, are they non-refundable or perhaps transferrable to future flights?

No, the one thing I insisted on was no out of pocket money. The sad thing is, this is a really great idea. And of course, BD is doing is with its System Blue camps and I think Cadets (and probably lots of other corps) do too. It would give corps members a chance to share their knowledge, earn a little bit of money and get some teaching experience. Too bad the whole thing is such a disaster.