Accent Marching Academy

Maintaining this ideal means that while ensuring there are many things we do well, there are some things we simply will not do. We do not do aggression, and we do not promise what we cannot deliver. Whatever the situation, our approach is to always be honest and forthright. We understand that positive experiences are not built from broken vows.

Working now! Well, it seems more appropriate, anyway.

Much was promised from Eclipse, but many broken vows there. Much was promised about this past weekend in Atlanta, but broken vows there. So in this Comic Sans MS font where exactly are the comic aspects of breaking the vows of these two quotes: "We do not promise what cannot be delivered" and "We understand that positive experiences are not built on broken vows"?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

Knowing this, people should simply offer some suggestions and lay off.

Suggestion number 1

No matter how much work Chris Nagy is, or is not, doing for the organization, make his name less visible. Huge stumbling block right out of the gate for your reputation, as observed here.

• Like 1

Stu, seriously... what exactly am I selling? How do I benefit here? It was simply and observation and opinion.... not a new religion.

You might be able to spiffy up their website by selling them a new logo.

• Like 1

Much was promised from Eclipse, but many broken vows there. Much was promised about this past weekend in Atlanta, but broken vows there. So in this Comic Sans MS font where exactly are the comic aspects of breaking the vows of these two quotes: "We do not promise what cannot be delivered" and "We understand that positive experiences are not built on broken vows"?

When people use comic sans in "serious" or "formal" situations (resumes, office memos), it tends to be looked upon as amateurish, hackey, immature, unprofessional, etc. So for this particular formal communication, it does seem, to me, to be appropriate. See? You...you get it...?

Yeah, a joke's just not as funny when you explain it (assuming it was funny to start with! :rolleyes: ).

When people use comic sans in "serious" or "formal" situations (resumes, office memos), it tends to be looked upon as amateurish, hackey, immature, unprofessional, etc. So for this particular formal communication, it does seem, to me, to be appropriate. See? You...you get it...?

Yeah, a joke's just not as funny when you explain it (assuming it was funny to start with! :rolleyes: ).

And when talking about a financial matters (such as forking out tons of money to march a corps or go to an instructional camp) most people do not want to joke around. This is why the person putting together an organization and "in charge as CEO" needs to be extremely knowledgeable and wise concerning promises and vows based on those who fork out their hard earned money.

Hey Accent!!!! Just curious, and trying my best to boost your street cred here. How did the Feb 17 - 19 camp go in Miami and the Feb 10 - 12 camp go in Atlanta? Are you upholding your promise concerning a weekend of artistic growth? Did you uphold your promise to always be honest and forthright; with an understanding that positive experiences are not built from broken vows? Please tell!!! We are waiting for your reply!!!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

Here's what I'm curious about.

They've been on a posting spree with all of their new equipment and gear (by which, I'm interested to know who's funding it). However, their gear has been coming in AFTER an during some of their events. How come their FB page doesn't have any signs of their Atlanta or Miami events which have supposedly passed?

Also, 148 facebook fans...I wonder how many of those are just DCPers who are following the group to see what it's doing?

Btw, anyone see this post on youngentreprenuer.com?

"Hello,

My name is Chris Nagy and I recently started a music productions company called Accent Productions in Louisville, KY. I am currently looking for an investor or series of investors to help us with our start-up costs. We currently are producing revenue but have found that the demand for our services out way what we can supply. My company designs and composes music and drill for high school marching bands, indoor percussion ensembles, winter guards, and show choirs. In the first two weeks of launching our company without a website we were able to generate 16 clients for the winter quarter. We project that we will have a total of around 42 clients, making us the fastest growing company in this industry and obtaining a profit of nearly $235,000. We would be using the capital from our investors to produce an interactive website, graphics for our shows, purchase the necessary equipment, hire another employee or two, rent an office, and buy a company car as we travel all over the country to teach these ensembles. Feel free to contact me via phone and ask for Chris.

Chris Nagy

CEO/President

Accent Productions

512.222.3681"

• Like 1

We currently are producing revenue but have found that the demand for our services out way[/b ]what we can supply.

Out way? As in, "Out way back yonder"?

He should invest some investors' money for a proofreader.

Still, I wish all involved a rewarding journey.

ta_33.jpg

• Like 2

Also, I just put through a bogus registration, and got nothing.

Of course, I just put in random crap on every line, even the credit card page (ps, it's not a secure site, and it doesn't actually link to a payment gateway).

• Like 1