Cadets2 Leadership Announced

Cadets2 Announce Leadership Positions for 2012

Friday, March 2, 2012

Cadets Organizations Develop Strong Member-Leaders

Being a drum major or a section leader in The Cadets comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility in a model that has been developed over years and years, and now the tradition extends to Cadets2.

It is with great enthusiasm that the Cadets2 organization recognizes the first-ever leaders for the 2012 inaugural season for the corps.

The Drum Majors for the Cadets2 inaugural season will be... Continue Reading

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=20546&news_iv_ctrl=1002#.T1FY2VF8xSU

Cadets2 March 3-4 Rehearsal Update

Friday, March 2, 2012

Full Menu, Schedule, Music and More for the Big Weekend

After several weeks of excitement and counting down to the next rehearsal cap, the big weekend is here for the members and staff of Cadets2.

In addition to usual rehearsals, a very poignant moment in the member of every Cadet, the first time they wear a uniform, is on tap for the young members who will make up the very first class of Cadets2.

Read the rest...

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=20547&news_iv_ctrl=2261#.T1FaOFF8xSU

• 3 weeks later...

I clicked through to their membership info and discovered that they will be rehearsing every weekend from May to DCA.

That should make it interesting.

C2 Membership Information

I think if your going to be competitive on todays sheets it takes a full rehersal schedule.

Has nothing to do with the sheets, a full rehearsal schedule like that is what makes a field corps great. No secret recipe other than everyone showing up and coming prepared. You need the time together to gel and make consistency the norm.

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with the sheets, a full rehearsal schedule like that is what makes a field corps great. No secret recipe other than everyone showing up and coming prepared. You need the time together to gel and make consistency the norm.

Showing up and coming prepared goes without saying. Or SHOULD go without saying. As we have seen that is NOT always the case but should be.

It does take a full rehersal schedule to keep up on TODAYS SHEETS regardless of showing up and coming prepared.

Showing up and coming prepared goes without saying. Or SHOULD go without saying. As we have seen that is NOT always the case but should be.

It does take a full rehersal schedule to keep up on TODAYS SHEETS regardless of showing up and coming prepared.

Your emphasis on "Todays Sheets" is what is confusing. It seems as if you are implying that, with previous judging systems, it was not necessary for a group to meet regularly before the competitive season to still field a successful program.

I think, if you look a some programs today, the corps are equally successful with less rehearsal time than in the past due to the inclusion of a younger membership base and more attendance issues. You don't hear of many corps having mid-week rehearsals + weekend rehearsals like they used to.

I get what you're saying Ed about the sheets. However, the activity has changed at the hands of the show designers, not the judges sheets. Programs are more sophisticated these days which are a result of designers raising the bar every year.

Rehearsal time can't really be compared to corps of yesteryear anyway because the process has become more efficient for most groups so more can get done in less time. Sure, there are some corps that still do reps for the sake of doing reps but more corps have figured out that rehearsing mistakes is a waste of everyone's time. The efficiency can be attributed to better rehearsal etiquette, which can only happen when you have members coming into the program with a more mature skillset. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a top group having to teach the basic skills anymore, instead just getting everyone using the same technique of that particular corps.

• Like 2

I get what you're saying Ed about the sheets. However, the activity has changed at the hands of the show designers, not the judges sheets. Programs are more sophisticated these days which are a result of designers raising the bar every year.

Agreed. But I wouldn't count the judges out either. Designers are putting out more complicated shows because judges are rewarding those programs more than the less sophisticated books. Its a vicious circle between designers and judges that also has incorporates a delicate balance of demand vs. achievement.

[Cue Jeff Ream smashing open doors as he runs to his computer]

One could argue that if the current slate of judges were putting more emphasis on achievement than demand, today's shows would be vastly different.

Agreed. But I wouldn't count the judges out either. Designers are putting out more complicated shows because judges are rewarding those programs more than the less sophisticated books. Its a vicious circle between designers and judges that also has incorporates a delicate balance of demand vs. achievement.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!