The best DCI vingnette ever

I'd like to finish up w/o asking Jeff, as well. Let's do this. If we don't finish it the day he leaves, then we ask him. Or you can find out ahead of time and hold on to the answers. Unless you also don't want to know.

Does Jeff know what we're up to here in DCPland?

I've just sent him an e-mail asking him for the list before he leaves on vacation this weekend, which I'll hold on to and only post if the group collectively throws up its hands. I'd sure love to see our community figure it all out, including the bus shots. But if needed...

I seem to remember the bus shots coming from VK's bus during the "On The Road Again" segment on one of the PBS broadcasts.

OK, so let's figure out this pit.

I'm guessing '81 or '82 (the birth of the pit!) for a few reasons:

the Ludwig fiberglass timps (but not marching timps set up on the sideline...spirit? garfield? madison? bd?)

the upside-down vibes on the cart (maybe marching vibes on a homemade rack? When is the last time you saw a vibraphone taken to the field upside down?)

the gong on the oh-so-easily blown over floor gong stand (definately early pit, probably borrowed, as most things were back then!)

My first guess (because of the black jacket of the guy walking on behind the cart, check the patches on the sleeve)... Blue Devils 1981.

guard person- please confirm or deny based on the flags on the cart!!!