Another great DCI video compilation

But what if we put it to a soundtrack of "Yakkity Sax?" Would that make it better for everyone? Or we could add old sketch comedy sound effects to them?

Oh, well then it would not only be okay, it would be hysterical.

Or a "Corps Directors/Staff Gone Wild" edition with Dave St. Angel on the cover!

I suspect the entire edition would consist of nothing but my dear friend Dave! (He was the only director I ever rescheduled a Caribbean vacation for in order to speak at a corps banquet.)

What suggestions might any of you have for future potential compilations?

Maybe one on Drum Majors ? They are not all the same in sytle, ie VK, Phantom with the baton, Boston, Bridgemen, Troopers, Phantom" Spartacus " DM, Oakland Crusaders, Kilties, Madison, Crown, etc

some during performances, some maybe during a practice, some at retreat, some with the trophy, etc... it might be a possibility, so just thought I'd mention it. Some of the DCI judges came out of the DM ranks. You might have to use " The Way Back Machine " to get that though, Michael... haha.

Edited by BRASSO

Depending on how large the resource "library" is for Jeff, there are other options.

1. Drumline solos.

2. Color guards that did the 50 yardline spins, tosses, jumps, etc.

3. Best retreat score announcements. (For me, it is the 1965 VFW with Tony S.)

4. Brass solos, but this could be a long video.

All should be done without a background sound track. Even the CG video since I'd rather hear the corps playing and ending crowd response. Others have posted on-line their "best drills" videos so this option may be limited.

Thank you for the correction. I mistook the video. In that case, I'll say that it's SCV '73 doing the Bottle Dance (can't think of any other Finals performances with the sun up after that.)

Heh, you are *so* close fsubone! That's '74 DCI Championsip "prelims" that they are showing. If only DCI had taped '73 :sad: . Ah well...

They don't have to be bloopers - there may be other fun/unexpected things in photos or on film.

Like a judges face during 24 counts of "chase a judge". I know we weren't supposed to smile andI'm sure there were some interesting sly looks on the corps member's face that could have been captured when you knew you had one totally frustrated. That could be (was) a lot of fun.

Unexpected things that if you blinked you missed - like snare drum sticks spelling out "hi mom".

• 1 month later...

Jeff Hartowicz, the creator of all these wonderful videos, has just added notes on each snippet that identifies all the corps.