1979 North Star is DCI's DVD Spotlight of the Week

The written observation that " The North Star wanted to entertain above all else ", was indeed accurate, imo.

Coincidentally, Jerry Noonan, the Corps outstanding soprano soloist, is one of the 2012 inductees into the Massachusetts Drum Corps and Music Educators Hall of Fame on April 21st this year, I'm told.

Edited by BRASSO

Nice touch with the 79 overview video.

The vignettes are a nice addition to the presentation. I had a lot of fun researching and preparing the factoids that Steve Rondinaro and Michael Cesario used to chat about world events and the corps. That was a very long day of watching them pick which ones they wanted to talk about and then watching them prepare the cue cards. We should have made a video of the process...everyone was absolutely off their rocker by the end of the day.

The vignettes are a nice addition to the presentation. I had a lot of fun researching and preparing the factoids that Steve Rondinaro and Michael Cesario used to chat about world events and the corps. That was a very long day of watching them pick which ones they wanted to talk about and then watching them prepare the cue cards. We should have made a video of the process...everyone was absolutely off their rocker by the end of the day.

This work you do for this is appreciated. Its fun to read and hear these.

This work you do for this is appreciated. Its fun to read and hear these.

Thank you for your feedback. It's always nice to know if something is appreciated.

Now, about those ties you wear!

Got you there; I only wear turtlenecks. (Really.)

OK so this is one of my all time favorite Corps - Ever. 1979 was my favorite offering from North Star. Between the fun arrangements, Jerry Noonan's domination of the Soprano Bugle, and the complete awesomeness that was the "Chrome Wall" it was the complete package. I saw it live in Denver that year and have it on my play list both in my car and my office. If you haven't seen it or heard it - do yourself a favor and buy it! :thumbup:

• Like 3

I remember watching their drum line warm up during DCI prelim and finals in Birmingham, AL thinking. They are going to win Drums! They lost to SCV by 1 or 2 tenths I think. AWESOME CORPS!