Carolina Crown 2012

At the 11:30 mark, a horn player comes out and balances the metal cube on their forehead.

Ouch!

He is good at this! My son showed me a pic of him balancing an 8 ft ladder on his chin. Must be some Superhuman strength in that chin! :)

• Like 3

He is good at this! My son showed me a pic of him balancing an 8 ft ladder on his chin. Must be some Superhuman strength in that chin! :)

Is he one of the three soloists in the opening movement? At the beginning of the season, before the trumpet soloist up front started catching the rifle toss, he was balancing the rifle on his chin.

Its actually on his chin, not his forehead.

So it's a circus show now?

Thank you Mr. Dixon. Nothing Crown will do to this show means ANYTHING unless they are able to get it clean by finals. It doesn't matter how hard it is or what the potential is when you get to finals week. It only matters how clean the show is and is it performed well. BD and Cadets are masters at this.

We'll see in the coming weeks. If Crown's score doesn't increase at the same rate, they've written the show too hard.

• Like 2

Not a bad score for Crown tonight despite the transition to a new closer. Great job guys! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Hard to tell on the video sometimes but it seemed it might have been a somewhat flat performance.

Very excited to see what happens tomorrow night in the dome !

Hard to tell on the video sometimes but it seemed it might have been a somewhat flat performance.

Very excited to see what happens tomorrow night in the dome !

Yeah, I noticed as well. The energy seemed a little low and the new closer is not yet up to snuff. You could almost feel a certain level of uncertainty from the members with the changes. It will get better for sure. Learning and cleaning simultaneously is possible to a degree, but the drill needs to be on complete autopilot before the cleaning really happens. The dome should be a nice change for all corps tonight. A chance to perform in climate control amidst the crazy hot Texas rehearsals.

NEW opener flags look much better ... good job all the way around last night!

Noticed that too! Love the pop in color. Now they just need to concentrate on cleaning the changes to the ending. I also noticed a few added chords here and there thru out the show. Can't wait till next weekend in Atlanta! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Yeah, I noticed as well. The energy seemed a little low and the new closer is not yet up to snuff. You could almost feel a certain level of uncertainty from the members with the changes. It will get better for sure. Learning and cleaning simultaneously is possible to a degree, but the drill needs to be on complete autopilot before the cleaning really happens. The dome should be a nice change for all corps tonight. A chance to perform in climate control amidst the crazy hot Texas rehearsals.

Agree. And it's not like things aren't getting cleaner. Just keep working the show and good things are gonna happen.