WHO IS THE OLDEST PERSON YOU KNOW WHO MARCHED IN A DRUM CORPS?

Riggie Laus is still at it,..............marched a parade with him on Memorial Day with him in 90 degree heat,..............he was right behind me wailing on lead,.........didn't miss a note!,..............he's gotta be 87 or so,.............

Amazing! :worthy:

He is a real gentleman and one of the all-time greatest drum corps brass players, without question. Glad to hear he's still going strong!

WHO IS THE OLDEST PERSON YOU KNOW WHO MARCHED IN A DRUM CORPS?

I recently marched in a parade with the Hamburg Kingsmen Alumni Corps, formed specifically for a one-time parade on June 16th to commemorate the 200th birthday of the Town of Hamburg NY. One of our drum majors from the 1950's, Ike Chatley, marched every step of the parade at age 90. Check the Hamburg Kingsmen group on Facebook for many photos, videos and comments about the reunion, including some of Ike.

this is a great thread... ALWAYS honor these people...

and absolutely NO disrespect to anyone - especially A section veterans... but my nod again goes to Kenny ACE Peterson... only a couple seasons ago, he was doing a full drill with Empire Statesmen at I believe 78 or 79 years old... as I sat at my comfortable sideline table and watched him backing up at 180 bps into blind sets while playing his heart out - I vowed to respect the man for life... I'm confident he was the oldest to ever do a full modern (ridiculously difficult) drill - EVER...

and yes, Tom Meek was taught to play a horn by little old ME in the fall of 1966... and he certainly had a string of consecutive seasons that was amazing... again, marching and playing in the horn line... as we invented new ways to abuse our bodies...

Speaking of years and old...Isn't it Fran Haring's birthday today? Happy Birthday Fran!

Back in 1978, the Sault Ste. Marie Drum & Bugle Corps (comprised of WWI vets) had an average age of 83.

They made the national news several times during the year.

Brian...no fair :) you have that stuff at your fingertips :P

this is a great thread... ALWAYS honor these people...

and absolutely NO disrespect to anyone - especially A section veterans... but my nod again goes to Kenny ACE Peterson... only a couple seasons ago, he was doing a full drill with Empire Statesmen at I believe 78 or 79 years old... as I sat at my comfortable sideline table and watched him backing up at 180 bps into blind sets while playing his heart out - I vowed to respect the man for life... I'm confident he was the oldest to ever do a full modern (ridiculously difficult) drill - EVER...

and yes, Tom Meek was taught to play a horn by little old ME in the fall of 1966... and he certainly had a string of consecutive seasons that was amazing... again, marching and playing in the horn line... as we invented new ways to abuse our bodies...

Who's the guy in the picture?

Who's the guy in the picture?

guess you better stop home sometime soon so you can see what "your other Dad" looks like...