WHO IS THE OLDEST PERSON YOU KNOW WHO MARCHED IN A DRUM CORPS?

My guess is Harvey, the George may be getting close

I might be wrong here... but I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that George has the record for continuous service with one corps/organization.

He's in his 66th consecutive year as a Caballero this year. :worthy:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

I might be wrong here... but I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that George has the record for continuous service with one corps/organization.

He's in his 66th consecutive year as a Caballero this year. :worthy:

You are absolutely right Fran!!

And....one of the lead Trumptes in the Caballeros COMPETING corps is 63!

Well done Doc!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

"Olde Tymming Man":

How about Colonel Truman W. Crawford. At "Sixty Something" still going strong as Office Commanding the USMC Drum Corps and after

retirement conducting the Chicago Royal Airs Alumni corps at DCA?

Elphaba

Sadly, Truman passed from Earth's corps on February 5, 2011. What a legend!

So, I've been questioning whether at the tender age of 57 I will be able to realize my dream of another full year of marching with MBI next summer. Then I watched a promotional video from 2004 where Roger Grupp admitted to being 58. And he was dam good that year and continued to march the full field show until at least 2006. He's still performing today although now mainly as a soloist. But he remains my inspiration.

The Hurricanes are proud of our own legend, Mr. Tom Brady, who is 73 years young this year. He marched Sop up until this season, where he is taking the reigns of as Captain of our Honor Guard. He has been a Hurricane since 1956, and we are proud to have the honor of him leading us onto the field this season! Walk Proud and Think of Thunder!

• Like 1

March 3, 2003

Sorry, my brain said it wasn't just last year but my feeble web searches came up with that date. As I said though a true legend.

Semper Fi