How much does the yamaha euph weigh?

Ch1k3n

I assume you mean a YEP-202-MS? Their shoulder convertible model weighs in at about 7 pounds. The Yamaha website doesn't give weight on the one I think you want a weight on.

I would assume a similar weight.

System Blue's claiming a much lighter weight for their hybrid. What, I don't know.

well I really don't know the answer, and I want to find out. everywhere I looked doesn't have the weight. that's why i'm asking here, because I thought I'd get helpful answers, but apparently not. :rock:

Edit: I'm asking about the YEP-202M

Edited by Ch1k3n

Look for a local retailer and ask if they have any in stock, if they do stop by and try it out. Or if it isn't possible. Look for a dealer with one in stock and ask them for the weight.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the YEP-202 is the only marching euphonium out there that doesn't have a weight posted. I would guess somewhere in between 7.5 and 8 lbs. Also, in my opinion it feels the lightest, especially compared to the Jupiter, Dynasty, and King models (regular, not System Blue).

For some reason the YEP-202 is the only marching euphonium out there that doesn't have a weight posted. I would guess somewhere in between 7.5 and 8 lbs. Also, in my opinion it feels the lightest, especially compared to the Jupiter, Dynasty, and King models (regular, not System Blue).

ok thanks for your info! My friend said that the yamaha euph weighed a lot more than the king, he marched crossmen, but i'm sure he was exaggerating. so it's about the same if not lighter?

ok thanks for your info! My friend said that the yamaha euph weighed a lot more than the king, he marched crossmen, but i'm sure he was exaggerating. so it's about the same if not lighter?

I'm not sure I agree with that. I would have to play on a King for a longer time period. Even if the King is lighter, it is weighted differently than the Yamaha (more bell heavy). So while it may feel lighter at first, the weight distribution can make your muscles tire out quicker than on a shorter but fatter horn like the Yamaha. The actual weights are probably close to the same.

Why does it matter which horn is heavier? Just man up and carry whichever horn your corps hands you.

Well... I sort of want to know what to expect so I can be best prepared to take whatever they throw at me, and what's the harm in wanting to know?