2012 Bluecoats - HAPPY 40th! All the best!

To the 2012 Bluecoats.... First - HAPPY 40TH!! Next - ALL THE BEST to you for the 2012 season!!

More importantly, Thanks J Babe Stearn, Ralph McCauley, and Art Druckenbrod for your vision to start the corps in 1972!! Also - thanks to Tom Jakmides who held the position of corps manager/director for several years.

Perhaps the person that cannot be thanked enough is Ted Swaldo. After the Bluecoats did not field a competitive unit in 1983, Ted stepped in and volunteered to bring the corps back to the field. Ted's love for the drum corps activity, and also his respect for what it does / did for young people is almost unmatched. Without Ted 'agreeing' to become the corps' director/manager in the winter of 1983 (a position he held until 1992), the Bluecoats would not exist today. When the corps returned to the field in the summer of 1984, it was a feat that some in the Canton community thought would never happen.

To the thousands of young people who have been marching members of the Bluecoats past and present, you know what it takes to achieve excellence and also the life lessons being a part of the corps teaches. To the hundreds of parents / friends/ supporters who give / have given time, money, and a host of other things over the years to the corps-THANK YOU as well!!!

Lastly - if anyone reading this has never seen the corps live and in-person, GET TO THE SHOW on Saturday in Akron!! I guarantee it's worth the money. The weather is going to be great, and Infocision Stadium at Akron U is a super venue!!!

• Like 5

Well-stated!

So, as we approach the kick off of the 40th anniversary, let me again ask ...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/150979-bluecoats-40th-top-moments

Edited by mingusmonk

Well-stated!

So, as we approach the kick off of the 40th anniversary, let me again ask ...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/150979-bluecoats-40th-top-moments

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well said, Vic!! I have many memories of the Bluecoats, from my pre-high school days, through high school when I used to sneak away with a friend in the spring and drive to Canton to try and find them rehearsing (sometimes successfully), through my college years when they finally made top 12 in 1987.

Happy 40th Anniversary, Bluecoats!