Drum Corps Kingdom

Hmm.. After the check in call I got tonight, I think Crown will open that margin back up.

Swamps happen.

Skywalker learned everything in a swamp :)

• Like 1

Yeah im thinking crown is my favourite right now... they have so much to do but i think its just there year... its time..... but ultimately that all depends on if they keep the good work up... percussion seems to be a bit dirty right now, especially when contrasted by how spectacular thier hornline is.

Kevin. and Copsband,

Thank you so much for the pics and information! I love that someone is there and willing to be our eyes and ears!

I ditto TXmom....parents all over getting their info from DCP and DCP posters!! Thanks!!!

• Like 2

Crown tore it up! Lots of changes. Cubes featured more. No boing sound in drum feature (not sure of this was a mistake or not...I kinda miss it!). Drill much cleaner, but still plenty to clean! Uniform change popped live and cubes seemed much more reflective and visible. White flags have gold now. Fanfare is special. Great crowd tonight. Responded very enthusiastically to this show. Great job Crown!!!

That was the sloppiest 11 minutes I have ever seen from Crown. Awful marching. Drops by the guard on EVERY SINGLE TOSS. A dirty snareline, even though there was only six of them. Tears in the end zone timpani parts. Blown unison cymbal crashes in the pit. I have no idea what they were doing out there. Their hornline was loud when they stopped, but struggling when "marching".

I honestly don't see this show making top 4, never mind actually winning. Sorry if that sounds negative, but you don't win championships by winning one caption.

• Like 6

Hmm.. After the check in call I got tonight, I think Crown will open that margin back up.

Swamps happen.

So they do have time for a checkin call! I'm gonna call my son now haha!!

• Like 1

That was the sloppiest 11 minutes I have ever seen from Crown. Awful marching. Drops by the guard on EVERY SINGLE TOSS. A dirty snareline, even though there was only six of them. Tears in the end zone timpani parts. Blown unison cymbal crashes in the pit. I have no idea what they were doing out there. Their hornline was loud when they stopped, but struggling when "marching".

I honestly don't see this show making top 4, never mind actually winning. Sorry if that sounds negative, but you don't win championships by winning one caption.

It's June 23rd. Watch any Cadets show in June from the past five years. They have incredibly hard shows, are dirty as ####, and have a kick ### ending that doesn't make sense because it's so dirty.

I'll agree the drums do sound abnormally dirty, even for this time of year. But ####, it's June 23rd.

You're right. Tonight, they won 3 captions.

• Like 4