Sioux Falstaff Follies

I hear a lot about the "crowd not being into the Scouts show". I'm not sure if this show is intended to have the crowd out of their seats the entire time. You can see and hear the moments when that's the intent, but when I watch this year's show (compared to the last few), I simply just sit back and enjoy all the music that's happening. There are instances where it feels almost inappropriate to clap because of the continuity of the program or soft endings of phrases. I'm HOPING that the crowd feels the same way. At the end, they give it all to you and there's no doubt that THAT moment in particular is designed to have you out of your seat. Maybe not the best year to have this approach to the program considering the changes in judging, but as an audience member, I LOVE all the nuance and small moments and find that a smile has been plastered to my face the entire show. Of course, this is my opinion, but though I'm not feeling the need to go completely crazy for most of the show, I'm loving every minute.

Just trying to put the crowd response in a different perspective.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for the reviews and photos! This is what I expected up when signing up for DCP. Please do flood the page with photos and info. As someone said above, we can't be there so we appreciate anything information we can get from those of you who are. Thank you again!

Thank you so much for the reviews and photos! This is what I expected up when signing up for DCP. Please do flood the page with photos and info. As someone said above, we can't be there so we appreciate anything information we can get from those of you who are. Thank you again!

Let me guess, your are the type of person who comes to a potluck dinner and just brings your appetite?

Thank you so much for the updates and pictures. You are on in your predictions for finals placement. I actually have the Scouts in the 8 to 6 range. I hear there could be some uniform alterations coming!! They are moving into more technically demanding type shows with a little less emphasis on crowd pleasing. The reframed concept according to Chris Komnick is they again bring back some old Madison classics through the disguise of pictures at an exhibition! If you listen you can pick out some of the Madison classics such as Malaga, The Way We Were, and Malagueña. But you will have to see this show a few times to get all of the intricate sub thoughts. I know, just seems to be the way the design staff wants to go. Might even see more spamish classical type stuff in the future, who knows! But rest assured it will be good for where they are setting up to go. By the way, remember next year will be the Scouts' 75th anniversary season! And they were one of the original founding members of dci! Hmmmm!?

Probably just a kid who knows nothing other than the minimal stuff she may have been exposed to. Just ignorant and young... She'll grow out of it with more years. It's great to see all kids out there performing.

or, she'll just discover DCP and come on here crying about her teams scores, and how the season is over, they should fold etc

:tongue:

Camera is a Nikon Coolpix S570. No joke, it's nothing fancy but I've been amazed at some of the pictures I get off of it. Too bad I didn't realize I had a little smudge on the lens until intermission. :confused:

well done my padawan learner

or, she'll just discover DCP and come on here crying about her teams scores, and how the season is over, they should fold etc

:tongue:

The comments on this gal took me back in time. I can remember some things I said/did when I was 16 that just make me cringe now - and no adult could get through me how obnoxious / disingenuous / naive / rude I was. The good thing for me - nothing is memorialized on the internet! :tongue:

Unfortunately the only pictures I have of Racine are the three I posted. Just wasn't a whole lot to take pictures of. Going to chunk these into individual posts for each corps so as not to bog down just a single post with all the pictures. Apologies for doubles I've already posted but just want to keep them all together.

***IMPORTANT*** Please do not quote all the pictures in your reply. No need to bog down the page with the same pictures.

TROOPERS

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

Edited by SDBassCreature