THANK YOU Blue Devils

As you may have heard, the Moonlight Classic show, held at Sacramento State University had to be called off because the lights didn't come on in the stadium, so the last few corps couldn't perform. But in true Drum Corps fashion, the Phantom Regiment, the Santa Clara Vanguard, and the Blue Devils did their shows in the parking lot which did have lights! I just wanted to give a personal THANK YOU to these corps, as they went "above and beyond".

Also ... there is a "silver lining" story. Below is an e-mail sent to Scott Johnson, Percussion Caption Head of the Blue Devils:

Hey Scott-

Just wanted to send you a little note of thanks. Last night was the first drum corps competition I had brought my kids to, having only taken them to family night a couple years ago. After driving and hour and a half to get there, you could imagine how ###### I was about what happened last night. I decided to take my very disappointed and tired kids over to the parking lot in the dark after the show was cancelled. When the drumline started weaving through the crowd, I was soon glad we had made it over there. Next thing I know, one of your snare drummers turned his sticks over to my 6 year old son, who started flailing away. That tired kid turned around quickly! Soon my son and 9 year old daughter had 2 sets of tenor drums literally at their noses with a snare drummer behind them as the line came together to finish the warm up. It was awesome. Even though this may be one of those moments that drives my kids to want to become drummers (gasp..) :), I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you do for all of your fans out there. It was a big reminder that the Blue Devils always have been...and always will be the coolest thing about the summer. Thanks to you and the Blue Devils for more than salvaging the night for my 2 kids and I. Hope you have a great tour.

15!

<name withheld>

Baritone 1988, 1989

I love stories like this! THANNK YOU BD!

• Like 8

I remember a friend who had car trouble in Concord back in the mid 80's as I was with him. We were not too far from the old hall on Monument so I knew exactly where to go.--> I walked into the bingo hall and within a minute had 3 people to help us jump the car.

Yea drum corps people are like that.

As you may have heard, the Moonlight Classic show, held at Sacramento State University had to be called off because the lights didn't come on in the stadium, so the last few corps couldn't perform. But in true Drum Corps fashion, the Phantom Regiment, the Santa Clara Vanguard, and the Blue Devils did their shows in the parking lot which did have lights! I just wanted to give a personal THANK YOU to these corps, as they went "above and beyond".

Also ... there is a "silver lining" story. Below is an e-mail sent to Scott Johnson, Percussion Caption Head of the Blue Devils:

Hey Scott-

Just wanted to send you a little note of thanks. Last night was the first drum corps competition I had brought my kids to, having only taken them to family night a couple years ago. After driving and hour and a half to get there, you could imagine how ###### I was about what happened last night. I decided to take my very disappointed and tired kids over to the parking lot in the dark after the show was cancelled. When the drumline started weaving through the crowd, I was soon glad we had made it over there. Next thing I know, one of your snare drummers turned his sticks over to my 6 year old son, who started flailing away. That tired kid turned around quickly! Soon my son and 9 year old daughter had 2 sets of tenor drums literally at their noses with a snare drummer behind them as the line came together to finish the warm up. It was awesome. Even though this may be one of those moments that drives my kids to want to become drummers (gasp..) :), I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you do for all of your fans out there. It was a big reminder that the Blue Devils always have been...and always will be the coolest thing about the summer. Thanks to you and the Blue Devils for more than salvaging the night for my 2 kids and I. Hope you have a great tour.

15!

<name withheld>

Baritone 1988, 1989

I love stories like this! THANK YOU BD!

I think people forget among the chaos and debates that these kids are human, and even in their pursuit of perfection can show a great deal of humility and compassion. This is pure class from the members, kudos to them.

• Like 1