Sounds of the South?

Fortran must be back in the line :):):):) He can drown out the entire Trumpet line. :):):):)

ROFLMAO!!! In fact he is! lol

Thanks everyone for their reviews!

Mike Miller, you take that back. It's a good thing for you I'm lending my Hammond to a guy in junior right now. :P

Your Hammond? don't know what that is but i'm glad it's on loan! ;-p

When I heard of Shenandoah Sound's show selection, I'll admit I was a bit concerned. "Concept shows" and small corps don't always go together well, in terms of audience appeal and selling the concept. But I was pleasantly surprised by this "Promising Skies" program about the days before, during and after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

There was some terrific brass solo work by the seemingly ageless Dick Pomerleau on trumpet, and a young man on tuba whose name I don't know. (I do know the guy can really put some sound into that horn. Wow.)

The color guard, small as it was, did a nice job of character portrayal, and like the earlier review said, the brass book is written for a small horn line, so it's not over the corps' head... same with the visual design. The percussion battery could use a few more bodies to flesh out the book... with that small a line, it's tough to get a read on how, and what, they are doing.

The show just needs more work to focus the audience's attention and bring out the storyline a bit more... including perhaps more use of the prop that is a replica of a New Orleans house that was destroyed during the hurricane, and then rebuilt after the storm.

It would be nice if more people in the state of Virginia were to discover this corps. A great group of people.

Glad to see you in the announcer's booth Fran. Yes! Unfortunately I am now playing a eh!...eh!....eh! dare I say it! Trum...Trum...Trumpet! My first ever. I must admit it is easier to stay in tune with everybody else with like brand of instruments.

The contra soloist is our very own Arash Tajalli. He is a fireball of energy!

I am very proud of Shenandoah's colorguard. They put in lots of hours and hard work doing DCI level performances on the field. I did not see the other guards, but I do think they should have scored higher.

I could not agree more about your last statement Fran! We are the only drum and bugle corps in Virginia (DCA or DCI). Come on people! Jump on the band wagon or should I say corps wagon?

ROFLMAO!!! In fact he is! lol

Explains the "heavy-handed" comment by one of the reviewers then :):)

Now if you can just get the rest of the brass to step up to his level OMG talk about loudest show on earth.

Edited by camel lips

Yes! Unfortunately I am now playing a eh!...eh!....eh! dare I say it! Trum...Trum...Trumpet! My first ever. I must admit it is easier to stay in tune with everybody else with like brand of instruments.

LOL... Dick, believe me I had trouble typing the "T" word when making reference to you!!! :tongue: