Marvelous Metamora!

Phantom has an awesome show. Brass is loudest of the night so far but they got rougher sounding by the end. I'd say Vanguards brass sounded better to me. That said Phantoms guard and visuals are great. Both on the big picture effect and the little touches. Like the extensive use of the sumo stance during the drum feature. And just way better blend between guard and corps. Loved it overall though some of the big moments felt a little rushed. They could stretch them out a bit for more effect. Synth use is heavier than last year but better integration sound wise vs last year when the patches they used sounded hokey and covered up great brass parts. Speaking of which the mello soli this year was particularly rough. Get that clean guys!

Agree with the 'stretch out the big moments'...especially at the first climax of the closer. I thought the soloist was a flugel?

The Blue Sturs Drum and Bugle Band from Lacrotch Wiscansin!!!!! GET YOU SOME!!!!

Blue Stars were good. Making some improvements including much much improved ending set. Guard pulls off some amazing saber tosses but it feels like half the guard is hidden half the time. The drill is also clearly a major challenge for the kids and they aren't keeping their lines straight most anywhere in the show which is bad when your drill is 75% straight lines and shapes. Brass sounds good and loud if treble heavy. Lots and lots of goo and a few bits of annoying-to-me synth like the singing woman. Still I think the show is much improved and they should be able to stay in finals unless xmen really pull a surprise (possible... I've not seen xmen this year but they are scoring well). One tuba had a nasty fall tonight but he shook it off and got back in line.

Agree with the 'stretch out the big moments'...especially at the first climax of the closer. I thought the soloist was a flugel?

Didn't think about it but yeah had to have been. Sounded great. By the mello soli I meant the mello section feature. The flugelhorn soloist was spot on

Edited by skywhopper

Glassmen All Star Review

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 Carolina Crown 83.800

2 Bluecoats 79.950

3 The Cavaliers 75.950

4 Glassmen 70.350

Open Class

1 Legends 66.950

2 Blue Saints 44.850

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/#ixzz20N9KSsxu

skywhopper, there's a happy guy sitting in a hotel room in India who told me to say,"let him know there's a Bue Moon with his name on it at the Omni in August.... Nice photos and great commentary from DCP tonight"