Fan Network "On-Demand" vs. "Beta Stream"

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for... The "BANDWIDTH DECIDER" apparently won't let me see HD even though I can watch it just perfectly on the beta stream.

This no make sense :)

Try clicking "increase video size". In full screen, if the bandwidth 'decider' lets you, it'll go as high as 1280*720. The initial box is smaller, where as the beta is a "fixed width".

Video on demand are going up true HD (1280*720) whenever they're being shot that way.

:)

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for... The "BANDWIDTH DECIDER" apparently won't let me see HD even though I can watch it just perfectly on the beta stream.

This no make sense :)

I really hate that the "bandwidth decider" doesn't let me override it's "thinking". It's the biggest problem on the FN -- virtually every other streaming service leaves that ultimate decision up to the viewer by providing a control on the player to select the rate you'd like view. IMO this is the only thing missing from the FN -- it's otherwise pretty awesome.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I really hate that the "bandwidth decider" doesn't let me override it's "thinking". It's the biggest problem on the FN -- virtually every other streaming service leaves that ultimate decision up to the viewer by providing a control on the player to select the rate you'd like view. IMO this is the only thing missing from the FN -- it's otherwise pretty awesome.

Oh, a thousand times this!

I have a computer and net connection that can easily handle the highest possible bit rates. I'd love to set it once and never have to worry about it again. But then, I can't get YouTube to do it either :)

Oh, a thousand times this!

I have a computer and net connection that can easily handle the highest possible bit rates. I'd love to set it once and never have to worry about it again. But then, I can't get YouTube to do it either :)

Set and forget is really not practical. Given the nature of the interwebs, you can't reliably predict throughput from one point to another. I think having the setting available on a per session basis would be MORE than adequate (and you can do that on youtube and netflix and (insert favorite streaming service)).

Set and forget is really not practical. Given the nature of the interwebs, you can't reliably predict throughput from one point to another. I think having the setting available on a per session basis would be MORE than adequate (and you can do that on youtube and netflix and (insert favorite streaming service)).

I hear what you're saying, but a simple, "always default to highest possible resolution" wouldn't be out of the question. Then let me adjust it if it sucks.

I think bandwidth optimization makes sense (well, it's a requirement really) on a live stream, but for the VODs, I would much prefer at least an option to force a resolution and I'm happy to wait for it to buffer appropriately versus being at the mercy of my connection speed. Yes, it's also fine if I have to set it every time, ala YouTube.

• Like 1

"Cuz I'm the decider! I'll take hold of yer bandwidth! hee hee."

laughing.gif

I'm no " band width decider ", just your old run of the mill " band worth decider ".

Edited by BRASSO