Is SCV Peaking?

I hope the new ending is what I think it is. If so, they stadium will go nuts!

If you mean the Bottle Dance I can see that happening.

If you mean the Bottle Dance I can see that happening.

Nothing says "Starry Night" like a bunch of drunk russians dancing at a party.

• Like 7

yeah it was all the ending and had nothing to do with the incredible drumline, hornline, and overall show concept they had. lol

I know they were amazing that year, but they did come into Finals week ranked in 4th, and then vaulted everyone as the week went on, after putting their new ending in the week before. That ending has gone down in the books as one of the best ever, and rightly so. But to say it wasn't a factor in their win is off base. I saw the first ending, and it did not have the audience support the final ending had. Just how it was. It was a phenomenal show, but saying that a new ending can't push a show up into medalist status is kind of dumb.

I know they were amazing that year, but they did come into Finals week ranked in 4th, and then vaulted everyone as the week went on, after putting their new ending in the week before. That ending has gone down in the books as one of the best ever, and rightly so. But to say it wasn't a factor in their win is off base. I saw the first ending, and it did not have the audience support the final ending had. Just how it was. It was a phenomenal show, but saying that a new ending can't push a show up into medalist status is kind of dumb.

i see what you're saying

but actually they performed 4th at quarters because of regional averages, they were actually third in the regional or two before that, and very close to the other two corps ahead of them.(scoring higher than cavaliers albeit at different competitions)

I think the guy/gal was saying the ending ALONE won't put you in metalist status... but again, you can say that vanguard would then have many great things going on besides the ending.

in any case, can't wait to see the new ending.

i see what you're saying

but actually they performed 4th at quarters because of regional averages, they were actually third in the regional or two before that, and very close to the other two corps ahead of them.(scoring higher than cavaliers albeit at different competitions)

I think the guy/gal was saying the ending ALONE won't put you in metalist status... but again, you can say that vanguard would then have many great things going on besides the ending.

in any case, can't wait to see the new ending.

Makes sense. I think they were ranked 3rd as of Allentown, but I'm not 100% sure. I was busy competing at the time, so my mind was elsewhere before Finals Week.

I think SCV could easily compete for a medal with this new ending, plus all of the cleaning they've been doing. I expect great things from them, can't wait for the webcast tomorrow night.

You will not be disappointed by the new ending. I already know what it is, and it's going in the show tonight. Everyone just keep some tissues handy tomorrow night if you're watching the webcast.

Vanguard is in a great position, If the ending does what I think it will, they could easily propel into top 4 maybe even 3.

I don't give $#!t where they place. I can't wait to see the ending tomorrow. Going to the Houston show with 3 great people I marched with. Between the 4 of us we've got '88 thru '93 covered. That's 2 music's of the night and 1 bottle dance. If the new ending covers any of these bases we'll all throw all of our babies on the field.

And my wife marched with Devils in '90. So, if all goes well it will be a fantastic night for all of us. I truly could care less where they place. Just want to see them rock the house.

• Like 2