Lafayette Lockdown

Recaps are up.

Crown needs to catch up to BD's guards to have a shot to win- I'm calling it now. Looks like Crown's percussion closed the gap.

That is...until we see different judges of course...

somebody red'ed you for for saying congrats to bd for winning brass!! .... dang, those crownies are brutal!

Brutal indeed! :ph34r:

In terms of quality, Crown beats BD by a long shot. Theirs is probably the most complex show ever produced. BD does what it does well, but quality goes to Crown. The members should be proud.

It's not even the most complex show of the last year. Cadets last year blows Crown away in terms of design complexity. Frankly, it's not all that complex at all. Demanding? Sure. But complex? Nah. It's actually one of the easier to figure out shows of the year, which is a credit to their design team.

Sorry, I just want Crown to beat BD so bad I can't stand it. Crown deserves to win with this show.

That's cool, but don't let your rooting for your favorite corps lead you to make goofy statements like that.

• Like 5

Crown needs to catch up to BD's guards to have a shot to win- I'm calling it now. Looks like Crown's percussion closed the gap.

That is...until we see different judges of course...

Its the visual captions that Crown needs to worry about.

It's not even the most complex show of the last year. Cadets last year blows Crown away in terms of design complexity. Frankly, it's not all that complex at all. Demanding? Sure. But complex? Nah. It's actually one of the easier to figure out shows of the year, which is a credit to their design team.

That's cool, but don't let your rooting for your favorite corps lead you to make goofy statements like that.

Dude- no way.

Its the visual captions that Crown needs to worry about.

Did you even look at the recaps?

More than a half point in guard.

Dude- no way.

You really think Crown's show is hard to figure out? Seriously? It's a freaking masterpiece of design simplicity. The elements of that design have a lot going on, but that doesn't make it complex or difficult to understand. It's one of the reasons it's so successful. It's layered well, there's lots of nuance (especially musically), and the pacing is very good.

If you are struggling to understand Crown's program, you have bigger problems.

• Like 4