Why exactly are Cavaliers scoring so low?

Yet all of this when corps placed higher are at a halt for (sometimes, if not the majority of) ENTIRE impact moments (including entire themes or musical influences) while the Cavaliers are literally sprinting at an impact moment. I don't get it, either, folks. Design can only hold you back so far, right?

Edited by trh
  • Like 1

I'm also expecting a little lot of bias from judges.

Friday, July 20 - 80.4

Saturday, July 21 - 81. 5

Sunday, July 22 - Free Day in San Antonio

Monday, July 23 - 82.45

so 2.05 points with incredibly little rehearsal time? Strange...

mayan prophecy? :ph34r:

Yet all of this when corps placed higher are at a halt for (sometimes, if not the majority of) ENTIRE impact moments (including entire themes or musical influences) while the Cavaliers are literally sprinting at an impact moment. I don't get it, either, folks. Design can only hold you back so far, right?

I could not disagree with you more. For years the Cavaliers program has consisted of the most amazing visual moments on the field.....mostly done when brass were either not playing at all or playing very simple music. Park and Bark always seemed to be a part of a Cavies show. The pit has carried the corps musically for years and I believe that has caught up with them. This years show is not all that different in design than it has been for at least the last 3 or 4 years. Music arranged around a visual idea with some pre-recorded music to help and try to make a connection between the visual and musical concept. The usual gimmicks are not working this year..... and the audience and the judges are responding. I sense a certain loss of confidence in the members as well and it is showing.

As far as other corps stopping to play big impact points I would be interested in which corps you believe are doing this.

Edited by musclebud