How many shows do you hate this year?

but you get to see them allblink.gif

Not when the corps goes inactive. That's when we all lose.

Sorry Mike, I forgot about your BP.

Yeah...you made it pop up to 187 over CB.

The shows I hate - The 4 I will not get to see. (Technically I got to see Forte at Denton. Sad part is I like the show.)

The point of the thread was to highlight how great the shows were this year. I thought that was obvious. And while new, I have been here long enough to know that there are plenty of people here that dislike certain shows, regardless of how big of fans they are. In fact, that seems to be all that people talk about.

OK, let me help you a little. I know nothing about marching or music. I am someones mom. I am an ICU nurse. I work on the food crew of an open class corps. I like to take care of the kids, and I treat them all like they are my own children. Last tour I baked brownies for 150 people as a treat because I knew it would make them happy. I looked at sunburns and put topical lidocain on them so they wouldn't hurt. I make sure they drink enough fluid so they don't dehydrate. I sleep 3 to 4 hours a night so they can eat well and practice 12 hours a day. It hurts my feelings when people say mean things about my corps or the show they work so hard on. I don't want to see anyone "hate" it. Each corps is full of parents just like me. It is OK to say you don't like part of a show, or it could have been performed better. No one likes everything a corps does, but remember these are my kids! Plus there has been a bunch of hurtul things said about some corps, so when a thread has this title it is bound to generate some ire. Being new and young is hard. Keep on trying. It is good that you are here. Just try to be kind and come from that place. I know you ment well. Don't give up.

• Like 1

Yeah...you made it pop up to 187 over CB.

Mr. Boo are you haveing blood pressure problems? Too bad I am not going on the long tour or I would monitor it for you. I just finished a contract in a cardiovascular ICU. I plan on going on the long tour next year, so you have one year to get it under control. Don't make me come out there.

I won't go out and say I hate any shows, since that is not "PC" for the masses. But there are a few that I dislike with passion and frankly would beat the design teams with a mass of guard weapons if I could. This is only because I feel sorry for the kids having to put up with such terrible shows that have zero room to grow.

I dislike anything that is a disservice to the kids.

This right here.

I would say SCV's design has improved greatly over last year. Of the others I've seen, well, it's an off year for designers.

sorry all - we do try to encourage open discourse here on DCP, positive and negative.

unfortunately threads like this pop up regularly. I know they may seem like a good idea at the time, and we always hope they take off and end up discussing something meaningful....not the case here.

closing.