Who was the last totally new WC or D1 corps?

Star is the only one I can think of if Crown was div 2 before.

Wasn't Crown Div. 1 for their first year, and then went down to Div. 2?

It isn't based so much on talent, as many of the top tier Open Class corps could probably beat the lowest tier World Class corps.

It's not a matter of "could" it's a matter of "has". Check out scores from prelims last year.

Edited by charlie1223

I am not sure how you classify Pacific Crest, but the first year they attended finals, they were DI/World Class. I see on corpsreps that they had shows previous to that, but I believe they only performed locally, and not sure how they were judged, whether they were DI then or DII. But the first year they actually went to finals week, they placed 17th. It looks like they formed in 93, they have shows listed from 96, and first went to finals in 2003, where they placed 17th.

I am not sure how you classify Pacific Crest, but the first year they attended finals, they were DI/World Class. I see on corpsreps that they had shows previous to that, but I believe they only performed locally, and not sure how they were judged, whether they were DI then or DII. But the first year they actually went to finals week, they placed 17th. It looks like they formed in 93, they have shows listed from 96, and first went to finals in 2003, where they placed 17th.

They were Division 2 until 2003, when they first decided to go to Finals their first year as Div. 1. They took those first few years to establish themselves financially and competitively, and not touring cross-country until they were ready for it.

They were Division 2 until 2003, when they first decided to go to Finals their first year as Div. 1. They took those first few years to establish themselves financially and competitively, and not touring cross-country until they were ready for it.

Thanks for the info. I just kind of remember them popping on to the scene in the early 2000s when they made the DCI Mis Season Selections CD. I hadn't really heard anything about them prior to that.