Odd questions 2012

First off, in Cavaliers show there is some prerecorded music, that sounds kind of interesting. Does anyone know what the music in the background is called? It sounds like a woman warbling almost. Sounds vaguely familiar and intersting, but can't place it.

Same with Blue Stars, there is also some prerecorded music, and wondered what that was as well.

In Blue Devils show, there is a part with some odd music samplings in the background, is that Nina Hagen they use? Sounds like part of a song called Zarah.

Cadets have a girl in the guard this year, who looks almost identical to a girl they had in the guard back in 2000. Is one of the girls this year the sister of the girl in the 2000 guard? The girl in the 2000 guard was the one with the dark hair who is with the drum majors at retreat. One of the girls in the red dresses this year looks almost like her.

In Cadets, is Hoppy's daughter still marching?

And, good or bad, is this not one of the most unusual years in drum corps history, in regards to show programming? You have BD, which alone has one of the more unusual shows, and then you have Cadets playing Christmas music in the summertine, and then you have Blue Knights doing Sci-Fi meets Firebird. There are 3 corps doing music highly associated with Cavaliers, while Cavaliers have struggled this season. Then you have 2 corps that have rehashed previous music of their own, with Madison, and BD also throwing in some of their old stuff, and now SCV adds a touch of POTO in their show. And now we have 3 corps that have folded for the season, and a 4th corps that is no longer attending finals week. Just an unusual year all around.

I forgot to add another note on the odd year. One of the most unusual music books I have heard in a long time. Music City and Phantom of the Grand Ole Opera. I get the concept, and it is well performed. But definitely one of the oddest shows I have ever heard.

. One of the most unusual music books I have heard in a long time. Music City and Phantom of the Grand Ole Opera. I get the concept, and it is well performed. But definitely one of the oddest shows I have ever heard.

The thought of Minnie Pearl as Christine is disturbing.

(And not just because Minnie is dead.)

• Like 1

First off, in Cavaliers show there is some prerecorded music, that sounds kind of interesting. Does anyone know what the music in the background is called? It sounds like a woman warbling almost. Sounds vaguely familiar and intersting, but can't place it.

If you are talking about in the very beginning, then that is an operatic version of Lady Gaga's "Papparazzi"

I would add a question, if I may:

Who is singing in the very beginning of BK's show...and what is she singing?

Annie Lennox.. " Little Bird "

You are right. These are unusual questions! :tongue:

Cadets have a girl in the guard this year, who looks almost identical to a girl they had in the guard back in 2000. Is one of the girls this year the sister of the girl in the 2000 guard? The girl in the 2000 guard was the one with the dark hair who is with the drum majors at retreat. One of the girls in the red dresses this year looks almost like her.

Not sure, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

If you are talking about in the very beginning, then that is an operatic version of Lady Gaga's "Papparazzi"

Thank you, do you have any idea who records that version? I just searched youtube, and came up empty. It sounds very intriguing, and I wanted to hear more of it.