West Chester Shenanigans

Other corps members from other corps had items taken by someone attached to the corps in some capacity.

You should probably take this to the "theft" thread, but rest assured that BK's incident was not like incidents with other corps. When BK returned from the Georgia Dome, they found EVERYONE'S belongings ransacked. Members, staff and volunteers. The thieves stole from everyone.

My non-expert take on the show last night from lower on the 35. Stadium was packed but even the highest stands not high enough to see drill. Made me think that a lot of folks who only see a show at a small venue don't get the opportunity to really understand what is going on -- drill mostly just looks chaotic from lower down.

Jersey Surf show is FUN and they seem vastly improved over the last couple of years. great soloists. the crowd really responds to them and i think DCI needs more of this. Great soloist. Use of effects for brass solists was very interesting.

BK was great. Guard was on and really sold the Avian theme. If you are going to rely so heavily on electronics, you need to get it right, They still had a few hiccups last night at the beginning. Design is pretty cool, although drill seems a little too hard for the overall member ability. They also seem really tired at the end when the firebird finally should blow me away. This might just be the arranging, but it is hard not to compare to Cavies and Regiment from the past. Really nice soloist.

Crossmen performed well and had lots of great moments. Must say that to a casual audience the earth theme doesn't really come through. Iron cross push toward the end is very impressive. Nice Guard work.

Cavies show struck me as just unimpressive compared to the past overall. No volume and not as clean in the brass as I expect from this corps. Not sure how they got top brass over Crown. I actually really liked the dance moves at the end. Crowd LOVED this and again, I think DCI needs more moments like this.

Crown was, well, awesome. Seeing the movement live makes it even more incredible that they can play this well while moving, running actually. The low point for me is Fanfare. Too many horns sticking out, too drawn out. Quadriphonic timpani is a great idea, but didn't sound together from where I sat. The guard is just great. After all the blathering about the all cream uniforms, I gotta say it really really works live under the lights.

Vanguard looked impressive and there are some amazing moments in this show. Overall really nice to see them perform as well as they have long ago. Ending is definitely a wow moment. The Transitions in and out of Music of the Night seem awkward.

Cadets look awesome in cream. Great visuals from a drill point of view. The guard performs well, but the GE value of props, unis, field placement of the guard just doesn't really work for me. Not a fan of the Christmas show in general and I think the narration adds an unnecessary element of cheese to an already creamy show. Another angel at the end makes me wonder if Hop is having a crisis of faith.

Overall awesome show. Great to finally see some of the shows live.

Reminder to those...

A brass judges evaluates brass performance from ON the field, up close and personal. He gets in the drill and evaluates members, and sections.

Cadets on the is a lot different than Cavaliers on the field. He is listening to things other than "loud/soft".

He is evaluating a few different things on the field than what you might be listening for up in the stands.

• Like 1