West Chester Shenanigans

:devil: It's a good thing I'm not at West Chester tonight...there would be BIG TIME BOOING at the judges!!

BK was my favorite corps of the night. I love their show, start to finish. While I thought the Xmen have really improved, my overall impression score would have had BK in the 85's, but that is just a notoriously inaccurate impression score.

BK was my favorite corps of the night. I love their show, start to finish. While I thought the Xmen have really improved, my overall impression score would have had BK in the 85's, but that is just a notoriously inaccurate impression score.

:thumbup:

My concern is not with the top 8, so your reference to Cavaliers and Vanguard is irrelevant. I'll worry about them if BK ever approaches their scores.

Do you think the spread between Crossmen and BK (2.5 points in Atlanta) is close enough to affect the judges scoring based on order of appearance...the same as, say, the .7 difference between BK and Spirit? Keep in mind, please, that I asked a question in another thread as to whether performance order can affect the judges scoring and the general impression I got is that it might. My question in that thread also specifically referenced BK and Spirit.

Look, barigirl78, you are free to take issue with my assessment, but I stand by my contention that Crossmen are not at the same level as BK. In fact, others have express similar evaluations. Now, I know there is a possibility that Crossmen could come very close to...or even pass BK, but I don't think it's likely. Same as it is possible that BK can overtake Scouts...but not likely.

Anyway, I thank you for your admission that you don't know the answer to my question.

based on tonights scores, Bones can hang with BK

• Like 4

From my son:

"That felt amazing!!! Too bad spirit isn't here"

I guess BK done good.

Spirit spent the day about 2 hours west cleaning the show. good stuff

I'm really glad people are digging the BK show! it is one of my favorites for sure. I also love Academy's version of Le Sacre Du Printemps!

After watching Blue Knights in Atlanta, I'm really coming around on their show. I still don't like all of the synth use, but now that I know what they're going after, I can understand its use in the show. This is a better use of Firebird now that it's all cleaned up, and makes sense. Originally, it was really messy, and didn't really work, but now I think it's going to be a great show, and might make a run for 10th with Spirit.

Mike Rubino scored the Cavies brass higher that Garfield. This goof is either deaf or has no idea what he is doing. Maybe both. Did this guy march Cavies or what?

Mike Rubino scored the Cavies brass higher that Garfield. This goof is either deaf or has no idea what he is doing. Maybe both. Did this guy march Cavies or what?

Because it's not like Cavaliers have ever beaten Cadets in horns or anything before... :cool:

A weaker than usual opening to this season doesn't mean that Rosemont has forgotten how to play the game, folks.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 2