Corrupt Judging In DCI?

I've been around the activity for thirty years, and not once have I ever thought there was any corruption in judging. There's certainly a lot of subjectivity, but that's not the same thing. I don't think there's any point-shaving or other such nonsense to try and favor a corps.

The only time I've ever through anything in DCI might have been unseemly was the <cough> random draw <cough> for performance order in 1988. They couldn't have been more obvious about that if they'd tried. But the judges had nothing to do with it.

• Like 4

I've been around the activity for thirty years, and not once have I ever thought there was any corruption in judging. There's certainly a lot of subjectivity, but that's not the same thing. I don't think there's any point-shaving or other such nonsense to try and favor a corps.

The only time I've ever through anything in DCI might have been unseemly was the <cough> random draw <cough> for performance order in 1988. They couldn't have been more obvious about that if they'd tried. But the judges had nothing to do with it.

Like I said - I am not a believer but I have been hearing it. It might just be the nature of the people I was around.

Oh, and for a side note, on multiple occasions I have taken people to shows that know absolutely nothing about the activity and or politics. They picked the order of finish exactly (Give or take a couple of weird obscure shows that freaked a couple out)

If I watch 3 groups and the quality of performance is C < B < A, why would it be suspect to have the scores 1. A 2. B 3. C? You just contradicted your entire thread.

Edited by mellophonium
  • Like 1