Corrupt Judging In DCI?

Just read through these forums. Then listen to the snickers and comments in the theaters and show. Simple observation.

YES, I have not taken a poll or quantified it with numbers.

Maybe you should post a poll. FYI, this year marks the 10 year anniversary of amps being approved. I bet if you dig back 10 years in the archives you will find an amp poll. It would be interesting to see how the polling has changed.

Maybe you should post a poll. FYI, this year marks the 10 year anniversary of amps being approved. I bet if you dig back 10 years in the archives you will find an amp poll. It would be interesting to see how the polling has changed.

I searched but did not find anything as polls go. I'll dig deeper when I get to a computer.

Really this thread is more to be about the Judges being blamed for corps issues. Maybe we can help clear their name.

Just throwing out a question to ponder:

Have judges been adequately trained in the new judging system/sheets?

GREAT QUESTION. Would be nice to hear what their training is.

I heard was only one weekend in Denver!!!!

Actually questioning their training is not a reflection on their ability. It is questioning the system in which they have to work.

In addition to the training in Denver, you have to remember these sheets, or something close, was trialed at several shows last year. Now that I think about it, I think they did a ghost panel at all the TOC shows last year. Many were also consulted in the reworking of the sheets. Who better to ask then those using the previous sheets, and those that will be using the new ones?

If you haven't subscribed to the Marching Roundtable yet, do it. Dr. Joe Allison is one of the regular panelists, and they have tackled the topic of judging, and the new sheets, more than once. They've even had a judges roundtable.

Garry in Vegas

If you haven't subscribed to the Marching Roundtable yet, do it. Dr. Joe Allison is one of the regular panelists, and they have tackled the topic of judging, and the new sheets, more than once. They've even had a judges roundtable.

That's a GREAT podcast. Joe is one of DCI's best music judges too. His tapes are fantastic.

thanks, that is great information and clears up the "One Weekend in Denver" aspect.

In addition to the training in Denver, you have to remember these sheets, or something close, was trialed at several shows last year. Now that I think about it, I think they did a ghost panel at all the TOC shows last year. Many were also consulted in the reworking of the sheets. Who better to ask then those using the previous sheets, and those that will be using the new ones?

Garry in Vegas