Are the Cavies a victim of slotting?

In a word, "NO." If anything, Cavies are the beneficiaries of "slotting." Boston Crusaders and Madison Scouts were every bit as good yesterday yet Cavies scoring margin over both groups INCREASED from Allentown to Prelims.

In your eyes maybe. I saw a lot more visual hiccups in Bostons show than with the Cavaliers. Madison wasn't picture perfect either.

You all should really stop thinking that judges slot. If that were true Phantom wouldn't of went from 1st to 9th in a years time. PHANTOM. The corps everyone was obsessed about.

Can you all just not accept the fact that the judges believe the Cavaliers are better than Madison and Boston? They have been for over 12 years, so why be upset for history repeating itself??

Is it because the Cavaliers are at their weakest and are STILL able to place above them??

In your eyes maybe. I saw a lot more visual hiccups in Bostons show than with the Cavaliers. Madison wasn't picture perfect either.

Even though there may be individual hiccups, the end result produces an emotional reaction. IMO, almost everything posted in this forum is influenced by an emotional reaction.

There are differing ways to express that reaction. Some solemly swear that what they witnessed was the best thing they ever saw - or even that it was "better" than something else.

Others just look at it and think "wow - that was amazing!"

Both Boston and Madison have wonderful programs this year.

Apples to some, oranges to others.

Edited by LincolnV

Even though there may be individual hiccups, the end result produces an emotional reaction. IMO, almost everything posted in this forum is influenced by an emotional reaction.

There are differing ways to express that reaction. Some solemly swear that what they witnessed was the best thing they ever saw - or even that it was a "better" than something else.

Others just look at it and think "wow - that was amazing!"

Both Boston and Madison have wonderful programs this year.

Apples to some, oranges to others.

That's true. I wouldn't be defending the green team if it wasn't for emotional aspect of things.

But the judges don't listen to their emotions. They go based off of what they see. If they were going based off of what they feel, Crown and Madison would've broke 100 mid July.

The Cavies victims this year are the members. The staff are not top 3 caliber.

Go to Beech Grove today and ask the guys if they'd rather be marching somewhere else this season. Prepare to be laughed at.

• Like 6

You all should really stop thinking that judges slot. If that were true Phantom wouldn't of went from 1st to 9th in a years time. PHANTOM. The corps everyone was obsessed about.

Can you all just not accept the fact that the judges believe the Cavaliers are better than Madison and Boston? They have been for over 12 years, so why be upset for history repeating itself??

Is it because the Cavaliers are at their weakest and are STILL able to place above them??

wait, let me get that straight.

You are telling people to accept the fact that cavaliers are ahead of boston/madison , yet you are complaining about the same thing with the results in 08. Hmmm kind of contradictory? What is the difference in those two cases? OHHH.... your corps is on TOP of the grouping in this instance, got it.

anyway

I could see flip flops day by day, those corps seem very close and it's tough to make a call!

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

[quote name='general_tsos_chicken2' timestamp='1344614470' post='3199898']
wait, let me get that straight.

You are telling people to accept the fact that cavaliers are ahead of boston/madison , yet you are complaining about the same thing with the results in 08. Hmmm kind of contradictory? What is the difference in those two cases? OHHH.... your corps is on TOP of the grouping in this instance, got it.

anyway

I could see flip flops day by day, those corps seem very close and it's tough to make a call!
[/quote]

Just because I don't agree with the outcome doesn't mean I didn't accept the fact that they won. I knew when watching them from the sideline quarterfinals night that they were going to win. I didn't like it, but it was realty and there was nothing I could do about it.

Now YOU all need to accept the fact that a consistent top 3 finisher on an off year is STILL beating an 8th and 9th place corps.

I'm not sure if the corps as a whole is a victim of slotting. but....I think the drumline is falling victim to it. That is not a 7th place drumline. The guard was really solid tonight. I would've put the score around 90.25. Think they were scored low. Will be interesting to see what a different panel thinks tomorrow night.

Truth. Percussion-wise, I'd have them in fourth behind Coats, SCV, and BD.

Still think that's a ridiculous statement to say

In 2008 they should have been 2nd to BD. Phantom had no business winning.

Just because I don't agree with the outcome doesn't mean I didn't accept the fact that they won. I knew when watching them from the sideline quarterfinals night that they were going to win. I didn't like it, but it was realty and there was nothing I could do about it.

lol

------------------------------

back on topic... I do think their drums may have suffered not necessarily from slotting, but maybe schedule.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2