DCA Medals

Is it time to expand the trophy order to include Silver and Bronze medals at dca?

Top 3 DCA is a strong achievement ..even if its a faux color on the end of a red ribbon...

Anything wrong with adding a member "extra" to:

(a) commemorate a run at the title,

(b) dangle a piece of hardware to shoot for;

© not cost too much to add to the list of member takeaways,

(d) represent excellence

And i'm talking about a real, tangible, one for each member, touch-it-with-your-hands, hang it on your neck medal.

Hand out the Gold to the Champ on the field at Finals retreat..like we've done. Photos and so forth with the red ribbon showing on the winners only. They earned that exclusivity.

Give the Silvers and Bronze, one per member, as they pass in review at Finals; before the Champion's encore.

Just a thought. Input? (and yes I used Starting Line....its a figure of speech)

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 2

Is it time to expand the trophy order to include Silver and Bronze medals at dca?

Top 3 DCA is a strong achievement ..even if its a faux color on the end of a red ribbon...

Anything wrong with adding a member "extra" to:

(a) commemorate a run at the title,

(b) dangle a piece of hardware to shoot for;

© not cost too much to add to the list of member takeaways,

(d) represent excellence

And i'm talking about a real, tangible, one for each member, touch-it-with-your-hands, hang it on your neck medal.

Hand out the Gold to the Champ on the field at Finals retreat..like we've done. Photos and so forth with the red ribbon showing on the winners only. They earned that exclusivity.

Give the Silvers and Bronze, one per member, as they pass in review at Finals; before the Champion's encore.

Just a thought. Input? (and yes I used Starting Line....its a figure of speech)

Hi Joey, DCA has already cut the "hardware" costs considerably and even for the "side" awards uses much less expensive (and less bulky) plaques...

I'm not sure myself, that I would be in favor of silver and bronze medals... they are NOT inexpensive... so I tend to always err on the side of fiscal conservatism as the net profit is almost totally turned over to the corps through the point share system... these corps have actually come to rely on this money... So, while it's a nice idea... I think the directors would rather keep those funds in the kitty so to speak for distribution annually.

A little post-London fever here....seeing the expression of achievement that goes with a 'spot on the podium' made me think of this....

Hi Joey, DCA has already cut the "hardware" costs considerably and even for the "side" awards uses much less expensive (and less bulky) plaques...

I'm not sure myself, that I would be in favor of silver and bronze medals... they are NOT inexpensive... so I tend to always err on the side of fiscal conservatism as the net profit is almost totally turned over to the corps through the point share system... these corps have actually come to rely on this money... So, while it's a nice idea... I think the directors would rather keep those funds in the kitty so to speak for distribution annually.

This may have been asked and answered before, but what year did the practice of awarding gold medals to the winners of DCA begin? I think it's a great idea, personally, and I wish it had been in place, "way back when." A very cool memento of a tough achievement.

Just curious.

This may have been asked and answered before, but what year did the practice of awarding gold medals to the winners of DCA begin? I think it's a great idea, personally, and I wish it had been in place, "way back when." A very cool memento of a tough achievement.

Just curious.

I don't remember... 90's sometime I think... Red Corso would be the one to ask... he and Mickey came up with them... they're very well done also...

I'm with you on this one wishbonecav. I understand corps might like the few extra bucks at the end of the season but there is something to be said for coming in the Top 3 when you have a field as talented and competitive as DCA is putting out now. I know as a performer, coming home with a Silver is not as good as a Gold but it's better than a hand shake.

I'm with you on this one wishbonecav. I understand corps might like the few extra bucks at the end of the season but there is something to be said for coming in the Top 3 when you have a field as talented and competitive as DCA is putting out now. I know as a performer, coming home with a Silver is not as good as a Gold but it's better than a hand shake.

I see the need for a pole here. Those for and those against. Me, other than the two golds that I do have, I would have a few silver and a few bronze. I'm for it. I think the money needs to be found.

• Like 2

Cut it out, Keith :rolleyes: ....not suggesting ye famed Little League participation ribbons ....drawing the line at top 3 :tongue:

...and you didnt answer my note.... you coming to Nease in October??????

(PS for the DCP crowd...Keith was MY instructor when I was 15! So we can take a poll....

Keith Hall is (a) old; (b) "old-ish";

EVERYONE'S a winner!!!! Give them all medals!!!!