Skyliners, Crusaders, Brigadiers, ect...

Are any of these corps ever going to compete again, or are they gone forever from the competition field? As a long-time DCA fan,I'm still hoping for a return.

Good question.. Anyone have answers????

Brigs plan on it. Haven't seen anykind of info from Sky in a while. Cru pretty much filed bankruptcy and sold everything off if I remember right

• Like 1

Syracuse Brigadiers

Rochester Crusaders

New York Skyliners

Harrisburg Westshoremen

Steel City Ambassadors

Rhode Island Matadors

....and many, many other good corps not on the DCA field any more. Hope to see any and all of them back some day, but me thinks we will only see Alumni Corps versions of these former power houses. Kind of sad, but I'm glad that I got to witness and compete against all of these corps and many others back in the day.

Best way to keep any more corps from joining this list is to go to their shows, buy some souvies and send them some cash once in awhile. Most of them have a way to donate online nowadays, so even if you can't make a show, you can still help out.

Cru did sell everything off. I'm pretty sure they're done for good. Brigs want to come back, but only when financially secure. They currently have a winterguard program and last I knew there was talks of adding a indoor drumline, as well as talks of having a brass "group" (for lack of a better term). Hopefully, with those, the solid alumni group, and continuation of fundraisers, the corps will be back on the field once again.

Syracuse Brigadiers

Rochester Crusaders

New York Skyliners

Harrisburg Westshoremen

Steel City Ambassadors

Rhode Island Matadors

....and many, many other good corps not on the DCA field any more. Hope to see any and all of them back some day, but me thinks we will only see Alumni Corps versions of these former power houses. Kind of sad, but I'm glad that I got to witness and compete against all of these corps and many others back in the day.

Best way to keep any more corps from joining this list is to go to their shows, buy some souvies and send them some cash once in awhile. Most of them have a way to donate online nowadays, so even if you can't make a show, you can still help out.

it will take someone with money and a lack of brain cells to bring back Westshore.

i'm ok on the lack of brain cells part, money not so much

• Like 1

Last word I got was that Steel City Ambassadors Alumni will be performing @ DCA 2013 Alumni Spectacular in Annapolis... The drumcorps is playing a lot of the music that was played on the field in the 1980's.... They are also a member of SDCA and participated withing the circuit during 2012 and have plans to continue membership within SDCA....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

I thought I had heard Sky was to be evaluated by DCA last year, but then never heard another thing about them. Are they still functioning? I also remember several posts about Cru selling everything off.

The last report from Sky was that they were supposed to be evaluated and there were claims that they were full but come evaluation day nobody was there. I left in 2008 though so I can't make any official claim after that. When I was administration there were a lot of internal issues to be sorted out.

Syracuse Brigadiers

Rochester Crusaders

New York Skyliners

Harrisburg Westshoremen

Steel City Ambassadors

Rhode Island Matadors

You can even add more recent ones too:

Heat Wave

Chieftains

Kingston Grenadiers

Chops (even though I know they're still doing parades and smaller stuff)

River City Regiment