Blue Devils 2012

I am not familiar with BD's opening voice sampling where "everybody" is used. Am I crazy or could that be from about 1:55 into this piece, a tune called "Blue?" it was composed by Thomas Gansch, the trumpet player who is engaging the audience to get some clapping going.

And if I'm wrong, consider this your "music for a Sunday morning." :cool:

Two replies and their both from the same guy? Man, this is one hot topic! :laugh:

So, I asked if I was crazy, and your opinion is "nope?" I'm not sure if everyone else would agree with that.

I didn't think it was the same voice sampling either, but the way BD works all these subtleties into their show, it did make me wonder. I think we have a classic case here of me "overthinking it."

Thanks, Blue Devils. :cool:

• Like 1

it's a great piece of music though.

There's a longer version of Blue, with introductions of the group members, and it has sub-titles. If you haven't watched that, you should because it's hilarious. It's even funnier if you've watched other Youtube videos of their stuff which has humor in nearly every song.

And yeah, that's a really catchy tune! :cool:

It's possible that someone from BD was searching for show ideas on the ol' interwebs, and put "Blue" into the Googles, and got that video. The "Everybody" thing may have come out of that. (Not the actual sound clip, but the idea).

Doesn't the opening sound like "Please Come Back" by Tower of Power to anyone else?

Not 100% but it does sound similar.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it sure does seem similar. Please Come Back is a great tune, and I would really like to see a drum corps do that on the field. Maybe Surf next year, for the soul show? Would be a great ballad.