What State had the most competitions

I do not doubt the numbers, because anytime I do I am usually in error, but the list of documented shows in Corpsreps and From the Pressbox often differ, and I know some of the shows I attended are not listed. I just wish we could return to a period where we aaid "So many shows, so little time." I began following drum corps in the mid 70's and also wish I kept my old copies of DCW and DCN as you seem to have done.

I've said it many times before, but there is no such thing as a complete source of drum corps history.

The activity was so HUGE in the early 70s. I've researched the musical repertoire and score history since 1977, and I know much of what is missing will never be found,

because every day somebody around the country throws away one more bit of it. Luckily there are major strides taking place to finally establish a permanent drum corps history repository.

OK, so I bit the bullet and decided to count up the number of junior contests that actually took place, were documented in the drum corps periodicals of the day and had scores (and that I had in my files).

I only did 1972, and here are some of the leading states for that year:

WI--52

NJ--41

PA--40

NY--36

IL--29

MA--26

Thats a whole lotta shows per state, considering that pretty much all the shows BITD were weekend shows! Week night shows were a RARITY!