What does "All Age" look like in the future?

They mix just fine when done well, as with any combination of sounds.

You happen not to like the mix...that is certainly a valid personal choice. I happen to like the mix, which is my personal choice. Is the ensemble mix the exact same as before A&E was permitted? No, otherwise what is the point? You (the royal you, not just Jeff-you) have to adjust what a good mix is to the setup of today, just as what constitutes a good ensemble sound had to be adjusted any time something new was added over the years.

key words...done well. not done often....and not penalized when it occurs.

I do adjust...and when I have to stuggle to hear the battery, during a drum break, and I see they are getting 98's upstairs, thats pure BS. What, 2/3 years ago Crowns pit was loud you had issues hearing that hornline...and people from all vantage points in the stadium commented on it. Hell tailgaters commented on it. they only got what, a 95 that night?

it's not easy blending the two. It's not done well often. It's not penalized at the drum corps level because no one has the balls to be "that guy"

• Like 1