DCI Semifinals Videos on Fan Network

First off, if this is being covered somewhere else, I do apologize.

I had a couple questions about the videos that were removed for a while, and are now back up.

1. In the Blue Devils video, the first few seconds of audio are muted, and it says it isn't available in the "online version." Does that mean it will be on the DVD?

2. Cavaliers and Crossmen were removed, for what I assumed were some copyright issues, but I don't notice any differences in the videos. Are there any?

• Like 1

I've sent out an inquiry about this. I hope to be able to let you know tomorrow.

I've received a response from Ric Oberlin, Operations Director for DCI. He's asked me to post his e-mail address so that anyone wishing to communicate with him directly may do so.

roberlin@dci.org

I've received a response from Ric Oberlin, Operations Director for DCI. He's asked me to post his e-mail address so that anyone wishing to communicate with him directly may do so.

roberlin@dci.org

Kind of sounds ominous if the request is to write privately???

Later,

Mike

Kind of sounds ominous if the request is to write privately???

Later,

Mike

Are you a kind of glass half empty sort of guy? :blink:

I think Ric is making himself open to discuss anything with anyone, and that's easier to do via e-mail.

• Like 1

Are you a kind of glass half empty sort of guy? :blink:

I think Ric is making himself open to discuss anything with anyone, and that's easier to do via e-mail.

Not at all. Just figured that there would be a definitive answer either way. This makes it sound like the issue might be alot more complex.

Later,

Mike

are you saying that BD paid for their own synch rights but isn't allowing DCI to use it?

i'm confused.

that said, if I may quote one of the G7 slides (slide 38 to be exact):

Fiscal Distribution (continued)

ï‚—Distribution of funds related to product sales will be on a corps by corps basis. Those who sell the product will be reimbursed accordingly.

this could be BD trying to pull money from DCI to themselves.

Edited by soccerguy315