World Class Prelims 2013

At this point after reviewing the schedule, it looks to me like there are going to be 34 corps in attendance at DCI prelims. Of course we have the 23 World Class corps, and looking at the week previous to finals, it looks like the 11 Open Class corps in the area that appear to be heading to Indy include, BDB, SCVC, 7th Regiment, Blue Saints, Genesis, Legends, Les Stentors, Music City, Raiders, Spartans and Colt Cadets.

Does anyone know of any other corps that are planning on attending DCI prelims in Indy? Any chance of Teal Sound, Revolution, Forte, Racine Scouts, Vk or any other corps possibly going? Anyone know the status of any of these corps? I was also noticing after reviewing scores from the season last year, Spirit of Newark/New Jersey also did not make the trip to Indy, but I could have sworn I saw scores for them mid season last year. But after looking on www.corpsreps.com, I can't seem to find a single score for them. I see on the Open Class forums they have new staff, so hopefully they will be performing this year. Did Spirit of Newark do any shows at all last year? I don't recall any mention of them last year at all, as far as not touring or missing finals week.

I also see on the Glassmen thread they only have managed to raise 40% of their finances they wanted before the end of the year. If they don't raise the entire amount, are they going to cancel/shorten their tour?

It is looking like every corps in Open Class is going to make finals this year. Last year we had 14 corps performing in prelims, and only 2 didn't make finals, although if I remember correctly, the 2 corps did exhibitions at finals. This year it looks like we are going to be down to 11 corps in OC. With Oregon Crusaders making the jump to World Class, and Revolution not being on the schedule this year, and it doesn't look like Gold is going to be at any shows in the area before finals week, it is looking like only 11 corps. Although there is supposed to be a new corps out of Wisconsin, I haven't heard anything as of whether they are touring at all, or going to Indy.

I sure hope we end up with more corps making the trip to Indy, but I would rather see more corps surviving, even if it means not going to Indy. Best of luck to all the corps on their summer tour. I can't wait til June, and especially until my favorite day of the year. World Class Prelims!!!

From what I've gathered, there's quite a few new corps entering the fold. There are still a good number of open class corps that aren't on the schedule yet. This isn't unheard of. Don't worry about it just yet. :satisfied:

Gold will be there, they will probably be at Niles and Michigan City again like this past season.

• Like 2

Gold will be there, they will probably be at Niles and Michigan City again like this past season.

Awesome!!! I didn't see them on the schedule in the area at the end of the season, so wasn't sure if they were still going to Indy this year or not. And hopefully we will get a couple of new corps coming out, or one of the ones who left tour early last year returning.

From what I've gathered, there's quite a few new corps entering the fold. There are still a good number of open class corps that aren't on the schedule yet. This isn't unheard of. Don't worry about it just yet. :satisfied:/>

I know, it is just the preliminary schedule. I was just hoping someone involved with other corps would mention whether their corps are tentatively planning on the trip to Indy.

I know, it is just the preliminary schedule. I was just hoping someone involved with other corps would mention whether their corps are tentatively planning on the trip to Indy.

From what I've gathered, the Open Class lineup will be the same as last year, except for Revo and Forte. And I saw there's a new corps starting up in Wisconsin.

I was also noticing after reviewing scores from the season last year, Spirit of Newark/New Jersey also did not make the trip to Indy, but I could have sworn I saw scores for them mid season last year. But after looking on www.corpsreps.com, I can't seem to find a single score for them. I see on the Open Class forums they have new staff, so hopefully they will be performing this year. Did Spirit of Newark do any shows at all last year? I don't recall any mention of them last year at all, as far as not touring or missing finals week.

I believe Spirit of NJ only competed in one show over the last two seasons, in VA 2011. They were scheduled for a small portion of tour this year but due to low numbers, they could not go out. I do know that they are working hard to come out this year and I wish them the best of luck. I hope to see them on the field again in 2013.