*** RENEGADES launch 2013 Evil Uniform Campaign ****

In light of the recent controversy over the Renegades uniforms fundraiser, we have prepared a brief introductory video, where we give you -- DCA fans and our competitors -- the choice concerning the fate of the Evil uniform and our evil plan. This should eliminate all chaos and confusion. There are two choices --

Watch the introductory video here, give us your vote.

Every 7th vote counts.

Eliminate Chaos and Confusion? I thought the Renigades thrived on chaos and confusion.:blink:/>

Truth be told ...

After all that has happened since September, getting an urgent email and having to jump in DCP and defend Renegades first fundraiser of the year the day it launched, was one of the toughest and saddest days I've had in drum corps. Every once in awhile, you see something so ugly in drum corps it makes you question whether or not the drum corps activity is a good thing for people, whether or not its worthwhile. I am asking these questions right now, to be honest.

I wasn't at DCA 2012, but I have never seen such unrelenting hostility towards any organization than I have seen directed towards the Renegades. It's gotten to the point where the advice we get is to "not" promote the Renegades on DCP and among the drum corps community, because every time we do, people tear the corps down. What other corps has to fear promoting a fundraiser? Well congrats, ours got punked, big time.

Well my friends, please realize two things.

First, 95% of the Renegades board wasn't there last year. The people you are kicking and grilling over ever detail of our fundraiser had nothing to do with running the corps last year. It's just a group of people who have been working hard for months to pick up the pieces and trying to keep the Renegades going after the DCA chais and most everyone on the board quit. These people are hard working volunteers, not belligerent people who had anything to do with DCA 2012. We have just been trying to field a corps, like everybody else.

Secondly, the Renegades have been getting hit from all sides .... DCA, fans, competitors, and now even alumni. But please know that the people on the receiving end of this hostility ... are people. They have feelings, and eventually, unrelenting anger and hostility directed at someone will take it's toll. Is taking its toll ...

Not sure what else to say here, but thank you for listening.

Lee

• Like 5

Gary, I like the Renegades, too!

I considered other messages including . . .

Time to move on.

Give it a rest.

What's done is done.

There's no going back, only forward.

Tomorrow is another day.

etc.

Maybe my choice was a bit harsh.

• Like 4

......I think DCA may not see Renegades again, for the simple reason that nothing indicates that DCA or DCA corps want Renegades to be in the mix..........I think the Renegades have a bright future, but that future will not be business as usual, and it may not include DCA again. But then again, never say never. We'll see what happens.

In all the questioning, dissing, discussion, and explanations in this thread, I think this is the worst part to read. As we see corps folding, going inactive, and barely surviving on life support, to lose a corps for political reasons is sad. I think the bridge needs to be mended and both DCA and the Renegades should meet once again in the middle. I hope this can happen.

Good luck to the Renegades this year. I am looking forward going to open house on the 26th with a car load of other Southern California people! Should be a great weekend.

• Like 2