Time for a Revolution in Footwear

If I were King instead of Hoppy, I would demand white bucks or high top Converse ONLY.

For that reason I'll never be king

2267046111.jpg

These uniforms for University of Oregon were designed and produced by Nike and provided for free to the group.

Seems it is only a matter of time before Nike and others get into this game. They'd be sort of stupid not to. Drum corps should be very aggressively going after this market (psst... Oregon Crusaders?).

The main reason Oregon gets all that free Nike stuff is b/c their CEO is an Oregon alum. Not so sure if DCI would get a similar deal...

*Sorry, I now see this has already been discussed*

Edited by mikespeed

Amps, electric keyboards, voice overs, woodwinds, whatever...

It'll be the day that a corps marches on to the field wearing Crocs that will send me bolting out of the stands and running away from the stadium, screaming and tearing my hair out the whole way.

• Like 1

My 3-year quest for better rehearsal shoes ended in a pair of Adidas Kanadia TR 3s and a pair of La Sportiva Crosslites. Trail running shoes tend to feature better ankle support and bigger landing areas on the forefoot, which is fantastic for dew-soaked grass and 200BPM transitions. The knobby tread is also the closest anyone can get to a soccer or lacrosse cleat (which is what you really want for snappy direction changes) without enraging athletic directors the world over. ("you band kids are ruining my field!")

• Like 2

The ultimate marching shoes. Wingtips up top, Nike Lunar on the bottom. Also, the best looking and most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

I'm guessing the concept of "best looking" is subjective, or else I'm not nearly as hip as I'd like to believe.

• Like 1

Totally agree with the original poster. Interesting story...

When I began marching drum corps, I always had a difficult time in show-shoes because they were terrible compared to my expensive athletic trail shoes... zero traction, zero support, too heavy. After trying out different approaches throughout my marching years, I finally settled on having a athletic rehearsal pair, and two pairs of show-shoes... one to switch into at rehearsal for the last block of a show day, and one for the actual show. If I could have used the same shoes (different pairs, obv.) for rehearsal and in uniform, it would have saved me a lot of headache.

All that being said, it's strange how marchers seem to get along fine, despite having high demands.