Thoughts on SoA 2013?

I personally think they are setting themselves up for an awesome season!

Hopefully, every corps sets themselves up for an awesome season. Some are just a little more successful at it than others.

I and probably everyone else would love nothing more than to see Spirit of Atlanta run with the successes of this past season.

• Like 1

I was happy to see Spirit in the Top 12 in 2011 but I didn't expect it to happen in 2012. Then 2012 comes along and Spirit had some early season success that made me think we'd see Spirit in the Top 12 again in 2012. When I saw them at DCI East, I found that "Luck Be a Lady" had moments that reminded me a bit of the late 70's Spirit and the show was engaging.

Reports from Spirit seem to be good, as are the reports from the young man who plays mellophone who has posted drum corps videos on Youtube. We'll probably only know for certain when the season begins, but I think they'll be at least as good as last year and if as many veterans as they claim have returned, perhaps a bit better.

Edited by Tim K

Based on? Not doubting them, just wondering what you've heard/seen/know that makes you think this. Share! :smile:/>/>

After hearing a recording of their opener and ballad from this weekend's camp, I would say this will be more than just a notch up.

You of course never know until the entire package is put together. I heard them at camp last year at this time and there is no comparison.

Edited by mirrormen

You kids have to understand something...

Every corps in the country is getting ready to have their best season in 2013.

Every corps is moving up this year.

Every corps is going to surprise people this year.

Every corps is really on fire.

========

All of this is based on their intro recording and a :05 YouTube clip of someone throwing a rifle at camp.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Edited by Lead
  • Like 1

You kids have to understand something...

Every corps in the country is getting ready to have their best season in 2013.

Every corps is moving up this year.

Every corps is going to surprise people this year.

Every corps is really on fire.

========

All of this is based on their intro recording and a :05 YouTube clip of someone throwing a rifle at camp.

:tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/>

Well, considering that Spirit is one of only two world class corps to move up in each of the past three years, I certainly haven't seen or heard anything to make me think they wouldn't move up again in 2013.

• Like 1

Well, considering that Spirit is one of only two world class corps to move up in each of the past three years, I certainly haven't seen or heard anything to make me think they wouldn't move up again in 2013.

The only things I've seen that would make me think contrary to Spirit moving up are:

Blue Devils

Carolina Crown

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

SCV

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Cavaliers

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Not a Spirit hater at all, in fact I have a couple of students marching there :) Just difficult to move up, is all.