Glassmen Cookbook

This is such a great idea....I don't have any recipes because when I marched corps, we didn't eat.. :blink:/> ..but I will definitely buy one of these when they are finished.

Glassmen head chefs Carol Dewan and Tina Jameson are collecting recipes to feature in a new drum corps cookbook. Recipes will be presented in family-sized portions in addition to larger drum corps-sizes intended to feed 200 people. We have had so many members and staff ask us for recipes that we decided the time was right for a cookbook," said Dewan. "With the corps inactive this year, we have the time to devote to this project, and of course, the fact that it is a fundraiser is a bonus." Having collected 275 recipes so far, their goal is to have a total of 300 in the book from corps across the country. Drum corps are asked to e-mail their favorite summer tour recipes to cdewan AT neo.rr.com by January 29 to be included.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=43532400-144f-4e67-8bc3-6b8f6df5bc93#ixzz2J5eyD8Dw

This is such a great idea....I don't have any recipes because when I marched corps, we didn't eat.. blink.gif/> ..but I will definitely buy one of these when they are finished.

Glassmen head chefs Carol Dewan and Tina Jameson are collecting recipes to feature in a new drum corps cookbook. Recipes will be presented in family-sized portions in addition to larger drum corps-sizes intended to feed 200 people. “We have had so many members and staff ask us for recipes that we decided the time was right for a cookbook," said Dewan. "With the corps inactive this year, we have the time to devote to this project, and of course, the fact that it is a fundraiser is a bonus." Having collected 275 recipes so far, their goal is to have a total of 300 in the book from corps across the country. Drum corps are asked to e-mail their favorite summer tour recipes to cdewan AT neo.rr.com by January 29 to be included.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/n...3#ixzz2J5eyD8Dw

The other topic title was way funnier! thumbup.gif

Although it wouldn't be a book I'd buy, I have a few friends who would..... or is that wood?

Ok back on topic, I can imagine this cook book will sell well. I too would buy one.

Maybe Gmen should host a food truck cook off as a fundraiser! People would purchase tickets and get to vote on several categories: best breakfast, best dinner, snack, heck even best red drink!

• Like 1

Cook books are very popular these day, we have dozens.

We've probably only used about 5 of those dozens but we still buy them & get them as gifts.

A DCI corps related cookbook with a recipe from every corps would be a great fund raising idea but lets get the G-mens book sold out first!

Cook habits must've radically improved since I marched in the late 90's. We ate pretty well (not as good as some, better than many), but there is no way I'd want any drum corps recipe for personal cooking. Perhaps I'm spoiled with a great wife who is an outstanding cook, but even as a college student living in an apartment with four other music majors I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking, "dang: if only I had that pasta recipe from 97..."

I think it's a novel idea, and if there's a market for this then yea for Glassmen for catering to it. I asked other friends this weekend, who marched in corps that famously eat/ate well and they agreed with me that they would have no interest in a drum corps cookbook. But, to each their own, I guess

Also, what kind of meals did Glassmen serve that would be unique enough to sell a cookbook?