Seasonal Fan Network Subscriptions

I currently have the annual subscription of Fan Network, but I'll admit it, I used my account much more in the summer than I do right now. In the summer I used my account everyday, currently however, I use my account about 2 times a month. I'm sure there are many users that are just like me.

I know that loyal fans like myself will continuously purchase this subscription, but is DCI missing out on potential profit by not offering a 3 month, half priced, seasonal subscription to Fan Network? Would DCI lose profit if a seasonal subscription was offered?

What's your opinion?

Edited by kaseyW

I currently have the annual subscription of Fan Network, but I'll admit it, I used my account much more in the summer than I do right now. In the summer I used my account everyday, currently however, I use my account about 2 times a month. I'm sure there are many users that are just like me.

I know that loyal fans like myself will continuously purchase this subscription, but is DCI missing out on potential profit by not offering a 3 month, half priced, seasonal subscription to Fan Network? Would DCI lose profit if a seasonal subscription was offered?

What's your opinion?

Isn't the subscription for a full year? Seems kind of weird to offer different tiers of pay for off-season vs on-season when there's nothing new/additional being added to off-season. I like the full-year subscription (to DCI and WGI Fan Networks). I wasn't able to get to many shows last year and it was nice to see what was going on and how things progressed through the season, then go back after the season and really take a close look at the shows and see/hear what might have set the closely packed groups apart.

What's your opinion?

I use Fan Network similarly to you, it seems: a ton during the season, not-so-much from late August-early June. However, I always considered the pricing as being for the busy months of live-streams, lots of show video on demand, etc. with the off-season being kind of thrown-in. Kind of like, "pay for the season, get the off-season + all of the video on demand for free!"

@Perc2100 - I agree with you. I am happy to pay the amount because of all of the live streams I am able to watch. The subscription cost is equivalent to two show tickets, depending on where you like to sit. I like the convenience of. I'm just wondering how people do not purchase it because of the price, and because they wouldn't use fan network for a years worth. Maybe half price is too much. Maybe a 10% discount would be more appropriate.

@Perc2100 - I agree with you. I am happy to pay the amount because of all of the live streams I am able to watch. The subscription cost is equivalent to two show tickets, depending on where you like to sit. I like the convenience of. I'm just wondering how people do not purchase it because of the price, and because they wouldn't use fan network for a years worth. Maybe half price is too much. Maybe a 10% discount would be more appropriate.

What might be more appropriate is maybe for DCI to give a bigger discount for fans who only get the service from late August - early June (when the new year kicks in). It's $40 right now for a FN subscription that gets you get streams of VOD archival shows, but no new substantial content added. I wonder if people who march and are not at their computers during the marching summer season come home and are excited to pay $40 for archival videos: members & staffers I know just wait for the DVD's and what-not to come in November. Maybe more people would subscribe out-of-season if it were cheaper. I think DCI knows that most people pay for the summer & live streams, and I think it would not be prudent of them to offer discounts for those months. They might pick up more customers during the lean winter months if they lowered their streams to, say, $25 or so.

it's already a really good deal for customers to get all the summer content for the current price. There's no reason for them to lower the price, IMO.

The live streaming is awesome and worth every penny.

Now, they could raise the price for the year and offer a seasonal one at the current price...

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

What's your opinion?

I happen to think it's already a great value as it is. For the cost of a blu-ray (which I would buy anyway) + an additional $40, I'm pleased with the value I get from it. Shows On-Demand and replay during the season, plus so many other years On-Demand. Throw in discounts for other purchases --- I'm beginning to sound like a Fan Network honk I know - but, all-in-all, it's a pretty good deal!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2