Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

I should have clarified my statement. In general, it seems that they should be above 80 in comparison to their competition. I do realize that I am basically comparing scores with corps moving from the west coast.

Not sure about that. The top tier right as of last night was an 81.8 which is the best comparison (same show). The Denver show was 83.15 with a more generous music caption judging slate. (Brass/percussion scores much higher than the PA show). Taking that into account, PR is probably less than a point under SCV AT THIS POINT of the season.

Oh, I can guarantee there are tons of issues going on behind the scenes this year. These kids are having to put up with a lot more than they should. Hopefully change can come soon.

Welcome back?

• Like 2

Not sure about that. The top tier right as of last night was an 81.8 which is the best comparison (same show). The Denver show was 83.15 with a more generous music caption judging slate. (Brass/percussion scores much higher than the PA show). Taking that into account, PR is probably less than a point under SCV AT THIS POINT of the season.

"A more generous music caption judging slate" is subjective at best don't you think. Regardless of anyone's opinion the scores are the scores.

We will all have a clearer picture when they all come together in Minneapolis. Looking forward to that myself.

Edited by srb30a

Care to share what was in this video?

I don't know what video he's referring to, but this show is destined for 6th-8th in its current form. As well staged and "pretty" as the drill may be, it doesn't match the music. The intensity isn't there when it needs to be.

The music itself needs more punch. The source material has it; why doesn't this show have it?

The storyline...yeah, there was supposed to be one! I bet you can't figure out what's supposed to be happening, can you?

They have until Minneapolis to figure this thing out or it'll be a lackluster year, which is a shame considering how talented the kids are.

• Like 2

I don't know what video he's referring to, but this show is destined for 6th-8th in its current form. As well staged and "pretty" as the drill may be, it doesn't match the music. The intensity isn't there when it needs to be.

The music itself needs more punch. The source material has it; why doesn't this show have it?

The storyline...yeah, there was supposed to be one! I bet you can't figure out what's supposed to be happening, can you?

They have until Minneapolis to figure this thing out or it'll be a lackluster year, which is a shame considering how talented the kids are.

The storyline seems pretty simple to me... Princess is introduced, travels through scary woods, finds powerful sword, slays dragon, heads back to castle... Pretty straightforward.

Don't we say the same thing about their shows every year? Of course they will tweak it. I find it entertaining. I'm sorry you don't.

What are these "behind the scenes" issues you claim to have knowledge of?