Pictures of the new Spartans uniforms!

Spartans are updating their look for the first time in at least 10 years. Maybe longer. I think they look great, check em out!

988533_10151548125168432_1085518355_n.jpg

• Like 2

That's sharp!

Garry in Vegas

I think I'm going to miss the cummerbunds though! Speaking of the Spartans though, I'm loving how much of a strong large organization they've become. Wonder if they'll be going world class anytime soon? They've had the same staff for a long time, and are very very stable.

The uniforms look absolutely fantastic.

Edited by Luke Pickard

Love the new uniform design. Simple and VERY sharp! But I've gotta say, I'm so sad to not see them with white pants anymore! The Spartans always seem to have great individual technique and they really looked great in those white pants. Both Crown and Spartans going with white this year... yet I love both uniforms. I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed!

The uniforms look absolutely fantastic. I do miss the red though. I don't believe that the Spartans will go world class anytime soon, mostly because it would cause them to violate their core values. The Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps is a place to learn and develop, both musically and mentally, they can't afford to cut the worse members from the corps as they struggle top get above 100 members. The program would not survive long in the world class environment.

I know they've been in talks of it before, but I'm not so sure what happened to that. I totally agree that it's a great place for people to start their marching career though, as I'm actually a Spartans alum, and went on to march elsewhere afterwards. And they've always been a local corps, for the most part. But the administration runs things so well, that I truly believe if they wanted to move up to world class, they'd have no problem at all recruiting more members.

Where is that? looks like a beautiful little town.

Judging from their schedule, I'd say that's from a parade the corps was at in Millbury, MA

Overall, I like the new uniform. I'm not 100% sold on the stripes, but field versus standing/etc.

Musicman, I also am saddened by the change from white to black pants. I'm also an alumnus, and I know how unforgiving white on the field can be. You're either very clean or a millipede.

ETA: here is a better closer picture of the Spartans drum major, with white gloves and a chrome helmet.

993790_10151548078303432_1805851511_n.jpg

Edited by Dir_en_X

• 2 weeks later...